Nob of the Day.......

Tango

The Disco that got upset by me filtering at a roundabout then stormed past me at about 60 mph in a 40 mph then stayed at 55 through a long straight stretch of NSL. Needless to say I did politely overtake on that straight. Did I mention the 40mph stretch has an active speed camera on it? :twisted:

Which you rode through under the speed limit I trust 😬

The idiot of a product designer at Oxford who thought this was a suitable size phone holder on top of a tank bag. No chance my phone is getting in there and I only have a five inch one (stop sniggering at the back) let alone fit in a lead to connect it to a power bank.

I only wanted a small tank bag for this and thought this was perfect, back to the drawing board then.

ps the dog didn't design it

IMG_20190221_194529.thumb.jpg.874cc4c2284335bc805714bf19e2eb13.jpg

The prick who thought it would be highly amusing to fire fireworks out the passenger window of his car at myself and another motorcyclist when I was riding home. Its been reported to the police. Just wish I'd managed to get the reg plate before he zoomed off. Thankfully he missed us both.

Guest Richzx6r

The idiot of a product designer at Oxford who thought this was a suitable size phone holder on top of a tank bag. No chance my phone is getting in there and I only have a five inch one (stop sniggering at the back) let alone fit in a lead to connect it to a power bank.

I only wanted a small tank bag for this and thought this was perfect, back to the drawing board then.

Well maybe the designer had one of them Motorola flip phones that are about 2 inches in length, so you sir may have a bigger and more girthy one than the designer had :wink:

Edited by Richzx6r

The prick who thought it would be highly amusing to fire fireworks out the passenger window of his car at myself and another motorcyclist when I was riding home. Its been reported to the police. Just wish I'd managed to get the reg plate before he zoomed off. Thankfully he missed us both.

Jeezus. That sounds frightening. Hope you’re ok. Another step in the dahscam direction me thinks.

I expect they were designed for the old style Nokia’s. I have a couple of jackets with tiny phone pockets. No way is my iPhone XS Max fitting in those.

Well maybe the designer had one of them Motorola flip phones that are about 2 inches in length, so you sit may have a bigger and more girthy one than the designer :wink:

A flip phone would definitely prove problematic when trying to use a sat nav functionality :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Well maybe the designer had one of them Motorola flip phones that are about 2 inches in length, so you sit may have a bigger and more girthy one than the designer :wink:

A flip phone would definitely prove problematic when trying to use a sat nav functionality :lol:

This is true but did flip phones have that?

Attempted murder basically then. I hope these people rot.

Guest Richzx6r

Attempted murder basically then. I hope these people rot.

You have my vote on that one

We are talking about the Motorola flip phones. Mine was of the 1990's era and barely worked as a phone with the 1G network, kept cutting out and every time you went from one cell to the next it would lose comms. Absolutely useless in the car unless stationary.

Lots of bikes out yesterday with most riders giving a nod and grin when I pulled alongside them. But the NOTD award goes to the guy on the FJR who for some reason took offence at a Bobber catching him up. Despite his best attempts to escape, with some dodgy passing in heavy traffic, I still ended alongside him at the next set of lights. Strangely he seemed unable to turn his head to acknowledge a friendly wave. Just stared straight ahead and turned off the road. It takes all sorts I suppose.

I know I'm still a newbie to all this [mention]Mississippi Bullfrog[/mention], and maybe I don't have enough testosterone, but I just don't get the butt hurt some people have in these situations.

I've had people clearly faster and more confident (over confident vs me being under confident? Who knows) come up behind me, I just let them go. To the point I've acknowledged they're there and motioned them to pass.

Conversely I've been riding normally and seen some stranger behind me doing stupid things not to lose contact, before eventually doing something dumb like passing on the wrong side of a traffic island.

I can only assume they return home ready to regale the bathroom mirror with lurid tales of their epic manliness.

Lots of bikes out yesterday with most riders giving a nod and grin when I pulled alongside them. But the NOTD award goes to the guy on the FJR who for some reason took offence at a Bobber catching him up. Despite his best attempts to escape, with some dodgy passing in heavy traffic, I still ended alongside him at the next set of lights. Strangely he seemed unable to turn his head to acknowledge a friendly wave. Just stared straight ahead and turned off the road. It takes all sorts I suppose.

Know anything about this [mention]Stu[/mention]? ;-)

Know anything about this Stu? ;-)

Nah! I wasn't out on the bike I was elsewhere being a nob :mrgreen:

Not into regurgitating quotes because unless it’s a good’n I always feel it’s one dangerous step away from having a crappy groan worthy motivational poster but this fits (can’t remember who said it)

“Some of the people who are showing off their speed are headed in the wrong direction.”

Guest Richzx6r

The black BMW x5 driver who decided I wasn't going fast enough coming off a roundabout so he undertook me when I had the missus on the back, I was doing 40 in a.....40?? Anyway no real hardship I'd seen him coming so gave him the room he required but anyway he then got stuck behind a car doing just under 40 which must have made his blood boil and even more so because I was able to casually ride back past doing can you guess??? 40!! To which he took umbrage of and instantly whilst there was an oncoming vehicle overtook the other car and the tried to overtake me by around d a foot and a halfwhere it went in to a national speed limit and didn't like it that he couldn't out accelerate me on the bike....what is wrong with some people

Just thought I'd say the black was the colour of the car not the driver lol before someone says owt