dumb question

newbiker90

1) Never said it does - but it works

Learning a lot from watching youtube then?

2) He has been doing it for 5 years and never met the tarmac, same as RJ and many others :cheers: :up:

You're going to take safe riding advice from people that post videos to YouTube with an aim of monetising them? And even if they haven't, you think you're them?

If you like I could post a load of youtube vids where people riding like that come a cropper if you like?

1) Never said it does - but it works

Learning a lot from watching youtube then?

2) He has been doing it for 5 years and never met the tarmac, same as RJ and many others :cheers: :up:

You're going to take safe riding advice from people that post videos to YouTube with an aim of monetising them? And even if they haven't, you think you're them?

If you like I could post a load of youtube vids where people riding like that come a cropper if you like?

You love putting words into peoples mouth? It may seem unsafe to people but they are actually aware of when and when not to do it. It is just standard in london, obv its not recommended, but they are not filtering blindly, they have perception of London traffic. I can show you many videos of people filtering correctly and still getting smacked

You love putting words into peoples mouth? It may seem unsafe to people but they are actually aware of when and when not to do it. It is just standard in london, obv its not recommended, but they are not filtering blindly, they have perception of London traffic. I can show you many videos of people filtering correctly and still getting smacked

You're doing your usual thing of having zero experience and trying to tell others who have experience the way it is.

I know from my time here that this forum is a great place to seek help, advice and guidance. The thing with advice is you can chose what you do with it:

1) take it on board

2) consider it, find it a bit interesting, maybe do something with it maybe not

3) disregard it

From reading your posts from afar, you sit in camp 3. Every time.

Believe it or not, I'm actually trying to stop you getting hurt. I'm not telling you *not* to filter, but you've sat and watched a load of YouTube videos and clearly already thinking "I can do a bit of that".

From RJ's own website:

How long have you been riding?

20+ years, not consecutive.

Have you had any major accidents?

Yes, 3.

How come you are so confident while filtering?

Practice, and being an Enduro rider at heart helps a lot with bike control and hazard perception.

You're watching the videos of someone with decades of riding experience and enduro motorbiking experience and saying "well they haven't come off badly filtering".

And one more bit from his site...

Any advice to potential future riders??

We never stop learning.

Are you definitely in the right mindset to know that once you sling your leg over a bike you are going to need to learn a lot? Only you can answer that.