What did you cut your teeth on?

SometimesSansEngine

Had a Honda vision when I was 16 (1990), crashed it first day I got it and dislocated my shoulder.

I guess I am cutting my teeth now on my CB125F. My MOD1 in a few weeks will be on a CB650.

Embarrassingly I can't remember the car I learnt to drive in, it might have been an astra.

It all started with field bikes for me growing up!

I thought you were going to talk about being around to see the first time they strapped an engine to a pedal bike! :seeya:

For me it was a trusty CBR125, which out of all the bikes I've owned, she's the one I regret selling the most. Still check the numberplate on the .gov website to see if she's still running!

Car was an old shaped Micra which I really hated at first but grew to absolutely adore. Stayed pretty true with nissans since! (Micra, Note, New shape Micra and then X-Trail :love:).

Does old gits opinion count. We didn't have any of the cbt A2 licence thingy Bobby. Ride your own bike up to 250cc , examiner hid in a couple of doorways,job done. Ride owt ya like.😎

Does old gits opinion count. We didn't have any of the cbt A2 licence thingy Bobby. Ride your own bike up to 250cc , examiner hid in a couple of doorways,job done. Ride owt ya like.😎

That^^.

Except it was 125cc in my day. I passed my test on a CB100N in 1987, twice round the block! :D

(Then I bought a 350 VPVS...)

Car wise, it was a driving school Micra followed by my Dad's FSO Polonez.

Nowt but the best for me! :mrgreen:

Took my mod 1 and mod 2 on my Honda XR125L... FANTASTIC LITTLE BIKE!! failed on speed when you had to stop your front wheel in the box. Had two attempts and was too slow by like 2km each time! Then my bike got reversed into by a taxi driver and taken off by the insurence company so done my re yest on a yammy ybr125 and passed! Then went back to my little Honda XR125 for a year

The bike I learned on was GSX250. the did my cbt and test on CG 125 then used the 250 for a bit the GPZ500 .they the bikes started me off . The bike I tried to fix build learn spend a bloody fortune on in end swapped it for a running bike (GSX250) was my very 1st bike Honda 4004 with a old reg plate that was worth a few grand . They guy who sold me the bike in the 1st place who done his nut when I told him im

Swapped for the 250 .

I did my CBT on a Suzuki GSX-R125 (hated it)

I then rode around and practised on my Honda CBR 125

Did My big bike tests on two different bikes - Suzuki SV650 and a Gladius (preferred the SV by a mile, would've considered buying one if id seen one for sale)

First big bike Yamaha MT 07

Edited by elizabethf

• 2 weeks later...

My first ride on a motorised machine was an old Lambretta scooter. I was around 11 years old and just about able to put one foot down to steady the bike. The thrill of using the throttle and moving gears was a real buzz at the time. That episode planted the bug for motorcycles and has never left me.