The British-Irish Dialect Quiz

By my definition the North is anything above the M4. I can see a good chunk of your hot spots are above that, so I can see where they're coming from.

True, most of my mates are from "inside the bubble" (M25) and so when I say bath and it doesn't sound like barf, they fall about laughing (laughing which also, does not have an "r" sound in it! :twisted: )

Bath is pronounced Baff. I grew up ten miles away and I know this to be an irrefutable fact.

I'm sat in Baff right now, the only people who say "Barf" are posh wannabies.

Oh, and @Magpie84 :lol:

and are about to throw up

Tagging @Magpie84 in something then waiting to see how long it is before I get in trouble for what I said is basically my weird way of checking how often she is checking the forum

I do similar with [mention]Saddlebags[/mention]...

True, most of my mates are from "inside the bubble" (M25) and so when I say bath and it doesn't sound like barf, they fall about laughing (laughing which also, does not have an "r" sound in it! :twisted: )

Bath is pronounced Baff. I grew up ten miles away and I know this to be an irrefutable fact.

I'm sat in Baff right now, the only people who say "Barf" are posh wannabies.

Oh, and @Magpie84 :lol:

and are about to throw up

Yup, another reason I think it's ridiculous when I hear people walking around going "oh I'm just in Barf"

It's bollocks it says I'm from Swansea WTF....... Cardiff is we're I'm from .. bloody Swansea my arse .. pritty shity city ..swansea . ...................... :up:

Didn't realise there was a difference. I thought Cardiff was just a suburb of Swansea.

I did this when it was on another forum a while back. I think I confused it. From Norfolk downwards was completely red (including parts of Wales) with Dover, Portsmouth and Bristol being in dark red. I grew up in Buckinghamshire which it had as slightly lighter than the rest.

:?

Right, finally done the detailed one! Mam would be well proud of the influence she, and the whole scouse / welsh family have had on me!

You can also def see my time staying in Brum and working at Triumph :shock:

Accent_DetailedMap.thumb.PNG.da4d22bdaca2aca24508951f29eb91d0.PNG

I have no idea where most of the london shading went though :? ...

Also, what the f!?

Accent_snail.PNG.c5fd974c81b0e9fe8f5daf10d8010298.PNG

Guest Richzx6r

It's bollocks it says I'm from Swansea WTF....... Cardiff is we're I'm from .. bloody Swansea my arse .. pritty shity city ..swansea . ...................... :up:

Didn't realise there was a difference. I thought Cardiff was just a suburb of Swansea.

It's just Wales isnt it...

• 1 month later...

No surprises here...

I am found out as a foreigner...

Here's proof ! :oops:

Quiz-map-0.jpg.147b12a8ea86fc78d951f60c522509be.jpg

But... more surprising (if not shocking) is the following:

German friends of mine gave me a link in Facebook to have my origin analysed by my facial features.

(My facebook name is 'Auld Tymer', hence I am called 'Auld').

The answer is in German, but the message is clear: I am of AUSTRALIAN origin! :shock:

Accuracy of 98 % !

1239897392_Facialanalyses-Australian.jpg.683cbb8f695128b242e4724280cbbb46.jpg

And believe me, Germans know what they are doing...

If they say I'm Australian, than I am Australian. :?

No wonder my English does not match British or Irish dialects...

But I do speak damn good Dutch.

For an Australian... :roll:

Not very accurate in my case . I'm from Coventry and it put me in Birmingham and Sheffield .

Haha - did the same to me, although I did spend the first 23 years of my life in Brum.