dumb question

newbiker90

[mention]Six30[/mention] Hey!

I guessed the diffusing of a situation by offering biscuits was upsetting your bloodlust so I’ve steered away from biscuit related conversations.... mostly.

I promise the next time the posts are going south, toys are being flung out of prams and I get that feeling children are squabbling I will stay out of it.... unless I can’t :D

I don't drive into London quite as much as I did, but, as a biker in a car I find guys filtering fast and dropping rev bombs every few car lengths a bit annoying.....and I'm sure that I've seen non biker car drivers actually change their attitude towards the biker and turn agressive towards them.......I'm not saying that I've never done it, but my attitude towards it has changed after seeing so many aggressive riders doing it.

I had a guy on a bike following me up the Finchley Road a few years back when I was in the car.....I knew he was there. We stopped at a set of lights and then pulled away and he disappeared into my blind spot, I couldn't see him, he then reappeared in my rear view, shaking his head.....He was trying to undertake me, but there was a line of parked cars, so he had to abort the undertake.....He then came up alongside my drivers window still shaking his head and accused me of changing lanes on him.....I pointed out that I had actually stayed in my lane, it was him that had changed lanes. And it's that attitude that gets drivers backs up. I'm the first to make room for bikes to filter, if it's possible, but some bikers seem to think that every other road user should jump out of their way when they're coming through fast, dropping rev bombs, and being aggressive towards them. Having said that, I see plenty of other bikes filtering and not making a big fuss about it....it's those guys that get my respect.

@Six30 Hey!

I guessed the diffusing of a situation by offering biscuits was upsetting your bloodlust so I’ve steered away from biscuit related conversations.... mostly.

I promise the next time the posts are going south, toys are being flung out of prams and I get that feeling children are squabbling I will stay out of it.... unless I can’t :D

[/quo[mention]Six30[/mention]

You won’t be able to resist .

I don't drive into London quite as much as I did, but, as a biker in a car I find guys filtering fast and dropping rev bombs every few car lengths a bit annoying.....and I'm sure that I've seen non biker car drivers actually change their attitude towards the biker and turn agressive towards them.......I'm not saying that I've never done it, but my attitude towards it has changed after seeing so many aggressive riders doing it.

I had a guy on a bike following me up the Finchley Road a few years back when I was in the car.....I knew he was there. We stopped at a set of lights and then pulled away and he disappeared into my blind spot, I couldn't see him, he then reappeared in my rear view, shaking his head.....He was trying to undertake me, but there was a line of parked cars, so he had to abort the undertake.....He then came up alongside my drivers window still shaking his head and accused me of changing lanes on him.....I pointed out that I had actually stayed in my lane, it was him that had changed lanes. And it's that attitude that gets drivers backs up. I'm the first to make room for bikes to filter, if it's possible, but some bikers seem to think that every other road user should jump out of their way when they're coming through fast, dropping rev bombs, and being aggressive towards them. Having said that, I see plenty of other bikes filtering and not making a big fuss about it....it's those guys that get my respect.

Same as many things isn't it Bob, a few turds spoil it for the rest of us.

Hey SometimesSansEngine , Stu called you a granny :lol:

Someone mention biscuits and coffee? mmm :wave:

Hey, he pluralised it, so it's not just me he was referring to :up:

If the cap fits and all that :lol:

But yea I would love to see guys filtering in london going beep beep beep beep beep :lol: rev is wayless annoying, plus I cant deny the sound is just awesome not to mention if you beep they will consider it rude and cut you up but a rev is accepted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC_lgnqzUfg

I was talking with a friend about this and It's all personal preference but to me hearing bikes rev'in to filter or pulling up to lights and re'in like mad...all I think is..what a n*b. I love the sound of an beautifully chunned engine as much as the next guy..but when you're going about your life in a car or walking down the footpath..in an already noisey city, hearing guys razzzing down the street does my nut in.

Saw this and thought of this thread, as some good lessons:

">

As I was watching it I clocked straight away where the sun was relative to the rider from the shadows, even before it's bouncing off his own mirror in the vid.

Then was wincing every time I saw a gap on the road in front (way too enticing for a car to try to hop in to)

Doing the best part of 40mph, so covering about 15-18 metres per second.

This was all too predictable.

Filtering is always context specific, personally I don't like to filter 10-15mph faster than what I'm passing, and I'd probably slow it down some more if in between two lanes that's moving like this. And the position of the sun should be a major factor in how quickly you do it too.

Saw this and thought of this thread, as some good lessons:

">

As I was watching it I clocked straight away where the sun was relative to the rider from the shadows, even before it's bouncing off his own mirror in the vid.

Then was wincing every time I saw a gap on the road in front (way too enticing for a car to try to hop in to)

Doing the best part of 40mph, so covering about 15-18 metres per second.

This was all too predictable.

Filtering is always context specific, personally I don't like to filter 10-15mph faster than what I'm passing, and I'd probably slow it down some more if in between two lanes that's moving like this. And the position of the sun should be a major factor in how quickly you do it too.

Talking of low sun, and given the time of year, I will repost this: https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=66070

Be careful out there....

Right so manual bikes have clutch and to rev on the move you pull the clutch in and give the throttle a few twists, REV REV!!

But on a DCT bike there is no clutch, so can you rev them whilst on the move? i.e. not in neutral

I have a DCT bike and the answer is straightforward.

no, you cannot.

I did this once, without thinking in the first days of ownership. it 'almost' ended extremely badly. fortunately I had enough space in front to save the situation.

There is only one way in which you can rev the engine, safely, and thats at a standstill with the engine in neutral.

This isn't a downside of ownership as revving the engine serves no purpose. its just a side effect of the different way the DCT transmission works. Something you have to live with. There are far more upsides that make this immaterial.

They are cakes, and believe it or not this has been determined by a tribunal in 1991. :lol:

The test case is what happens when things go stale. A biscuit is defined as going softer when stale, whereas a cake goes harder.

Jaffa cakes go hard when stale, ergo - they are cakes.