New zero electric bike

geofferz

you will need some sort of electromechanical degree to work on the bloody things

Funnily thats how my Father-in-Law felt about his work as a truck mechanic in his last couple of years. All he would do was plug a computer into the truck and it would tell him what was wrong which 95% of the time was electrical. He told me as well that some systems will send a message out to the maintenance department giving them the code errors as and when they occur :shock:

Electric cow? I want to see that :lol:

I would miss the fettling around with an engine, getting my hands dirty and the noise of course :D

But the power and torque the electric motors kick out can't be denied

Yea would be funny having herds of electric cows wandering the fields

But would androids dream about them........? 8-)

you will need some sort of electromechanical degree to work on the bloody things

Funnily thats how my Father-in-Law felt about his work as a truck mechanic in his last couple of years. All he would do was plug a computer into the truck and it would tell him what was wrong which 95% of the time was electrical. He told me as well that some systems will send a message out to the maintenance department giving them the code errors as and when they occur :shock:

.....if you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem......

Guest Richzx6r

Yea I'm lvl 1 and 2 qualified car mechanic and it's the same as that, not sure that cars send the signals like that unless they are fleet cars or something but that side of things I can see as a slight step forward but to have everything electric to me as someone who lives and breathes anything mechanical it just feels wrong to be eliminating the heart of a vehicle....the internal combustion engine

Guest Richzx6r

So where to install akra pipe?

i5n2fo.jpg

Like that solution but look uncomfortable :scratch:

I'm sure you will get used to it if you do it often enough, what with the doom sayers saying it won't be long till the scurge of electricity will be upon us I see you will have lots of time to enjoy the new placement of your akra pipe

i5n2fo.jpg

Like that solution but look uncomfortable :scratch:

I'm sure you will get used to it if you do it often enough, what with the doom sayers saying it won't be long till the scurge of electricity will be upon us I see you will have lots of time to enjoy the new placement of your akra pipe

At least wil make some noise, when I decide to.

The thing is with motors, they don't need servicing, have few moving parts, are very reliable, and

make far more sense for a MOTORcycle than a car as a car needs a heater that efficient motors can't provide for.

But would I buy one?

No

My mates think the KTM is gay so I'd never live it down :lol:

I bet no one here slagging off electric motors has ever driven a tesla.

Nearly, we work for the electronics company at Derby that makes the central locking system. They occasionally have one there on test, the last time they did my partner had a ride in one. I didn't go that day :crybaby:

I bet no one here slagging off electric motors has ever driven a tesla.

I really want to test drive a tesla... but I am in two minds.

1. I don't think I could pull off a convincing "I really can afford this" act for a few hours

2. I think I would feel even worse after it as I would want it more, but can't afford it :lol:

I have test driven the Hybrid Golf GTE. That was a whole lot of fun, even if I did forget it was an automatic and nearly put the three of us through the windscreen! :angel12:

I’d have an electric bike for commuting to and from work and a petrol bike for fun and touring.

HAHAHAHAH have you seen how much they are? You'd have an electric bike then have to sneakily live in the office and eat the lunch leftovers as you would have no money for anything else.

I’d have an electric bike for commuting to and from work and a petrol bike for fun and touring.

HAHAHAHAH have you seen how much they are? You'd have an electric bike then have to sneakily live in the office and eat the lunch leftovers as you would have no money for anything else.

So long as you don't need to go 35+mph, the one I linked too is sub £3k. Much more justifiable for a toy :mrgreen:

Should imagine it will be the same for bikes as cars .... after 4 or 5 years when your out of warranty and you need a new battery , dig deep in to them pockets they ain't cheap , I read replacement batteries need to drop in price by half before they will be competitive with combustion engined cars ..

Should imagine that will mean the price of used electric vehicles will be cheap cause of the worry of having to buy a new battery .

speak for yourself :D

So long as you don't need to go 35+mph, the one I linked too is sub £3k. Much more justifiable for a toy :mrgreen:

For town riding that's fine, but I suggest that you look at the Zero reviews