They stole my foot gear pedal

workpeter

So attempted to ride my bike today only to realise someone had stolen the foot gear lever... (See attached picture)

Why on earth would someone do that?!

Only problem is I can't seem to find the part online. Any idea where I can buy a replacement for a Honda CB125F (2018)?

s.thumb.jpg.91ff65d795fcd9d9b8684d6a2c5d7c8b.jpg

Edited by workpeter

OK found the part. £30

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/125-MOTO/CB/2018/GLR1251WHH/Frame/--PEDALE-GLR1251WHH-/96143/F_20_1/2/33238

Still, don't understand why someone would steal it. Do you think they were trying to disable the bike to come back later?

I have professionally monitored GPS trackers in it with security people who go looking for it if detects non-genuine movements, so id like to see them try.

I could understand maybe someone replacing their own damaged part, but how many bikes would this pedal lever fit I wonder.

Some people are shits. I'm not the paranoid type but whenever I return to my bike in the public car park I visually look at each brake caliper and do a moving brake test just after setting off.

I had someone loosen my quick release skewer on my bicycle once, I spotted it on returning to the bike. That would have been nasty.

Look online now , you'll find one for sale :thumb:

haha yeah, i was thinking i might spot it on ebay then catch the guy.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for someone riding a similar bike with scratches on the left fairing.

Look online now , you'll find one for sale :thumb:

haha yeah, i was thinking i might spot it on ebay then catch the guy.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for someone riding a similar bike with scratches on the left fairing.

I have the same bike in the same colour (no scratches though).

I'm sorry, I know how much this must suck for you and I do really hope you can get it fixed soon...

But the idea of someone wandering along and thinking "oooh, you know what? I do need a replacement lever.."

Then crawling on the floor to dismantle your bike is so ridiculous, that it keeps making me laugh each time I see the title of your post pop up :oops: :lol:

I'm sorry, I know how much this must suck for you and I do really hope you can get it fixed soon...

But the idea of someone wandering along and thinking "oooh, you know what? I do need a replacement lever.."

Then crawling on the floor to dismantle your bike is so ridiculous, that it keeps making me laugh each time I see the title of your post pop up :oops: :lol:

I don't think this was your intention but it does come across as if you are laughing at the OP's misfortune and even suggesting that they have made the whole thing up.

That was not my intention, even slightly, I was hoping my first line was sincere enough for how much this must suck. :(

OP, I know it doesn't help but I once spent a whole afternoon cleaning my bike, putting new handlebars and bar ends on, only to be woken at half 4 the following morning by two scuzzbags trying to walk my bike up the road and into a local park.

Thanks to the Birmingham police, who were awesome, 45 mins later the bike was wheeled back to me, however the gits had bashed in the bar ends when they'd ditched the bike as well as snapping the clutch lever and bending the brake one.

The irony of this was not lost and me and my mates had a good giggle that evening at how ridiculous it was...

My comment was meant more as incredulity of the... willfulness ? (if that's even the right word) of scumbags.

As I said, the kind of person who wandering along the street decides to steal a particularly awkward part off a bike, not even like Throttled said about stealing bits for a dare (like unscrewing a mirror or scratching the seat) is just something that anyone with morals wouldn't do.

I have had several things stolen off various classic cars and always parts that are difficult to source. There are some people who think it is acceptable to source parts by removing them from other people's vehicles.

So it certainly isn't a ridiculous suggestion.

Many years ago I stayed at a hotel in Emmen for the Dutch TT.

A couple with a Goldwing were staying at the same hotel and when they returned to the bike park at Assen after the races they found that the rider's footrest assemblies had been stolen.

It was thought that they had been stolen to replace someone's damaged items.

So, it looks like things do get stolen by people, possibly with little money but certainly with less conscience.

So I can say is bast*rds I hope the fall off there bikes again and it's there legs that get broken . Stealing a part off another bike is disgusting . As for it being a cheap part makes it even more scummy not saying if it was an expensive part makes it better . But if.they got a bike I'm sure they can afford £10 £20 what ever it was to buy than making some other person pay !! Karma is watching and she's a bitch !!.

As for stealing car parts . I remember something a few years ago regarding Mercedes vans think it was the catilist was like a design fault or would just brake but it was 2 or 3 grand to buy and there was groups of guys going round finding these vans and stealing the parts off the vans .it was big story in the news about it . So there is SCUM out there who do this . If it can come off an its cost money some scumbag will nick it ..

This is the headline in the papers it was not a fault it was precious metals used ....

BY KAREN ROCKETT

23:40, 24 OCT 2015

Mercedes-Benz Vans range, 2014, Citan, Vito, Sprinter

Theft risk: Mercedes van drivers have been told to keep an eye on their vehicles

Detectives are warning owners of Mercedes vans to keep an eye on their vehicles after 24 thefts in just 23 days.

Police said criminals have been targeting Benz Sprinter models for their exhaust systems and catalytic converters.

Inspector Carl Williams, of Gwent Police , Wales, described the rise in incidents since September 30 as rapid - with most occurring during night time.

He said: “Catalytic converters are composed of several metals, some include small amounts of precious metals such as platinum and palladium, making them a target for criminals.

“We are currently investigating each reported crime and asking owners of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans to secure their vehicles and remain alert.

“Steps that can be taken to prevent this type of crime include parking vehicles in well-lit, open areas and installing CCTV camera systems.”

Officers also said van owners should also consider etching a catalytic converter with a serial number as well as fitting them with protective sleeves.

Full details of each incident can be found on Gwent Police’s website.

There's evil In them thar eyes lol

Any cat person knows those eyes mean.....

1. Is he/she going to feed me?

2. Shall I bite/scratch him/her?

3. Can I get to the throat?

4. Can I be bothered?

5. Would I rather be asleep?

6. Return to question 1......