YBR 125

fifthwheel

Hi all, I passed my CBT last Sept and have been getting a bit of practice on a twist and go Honda Pantheon 125 scooter. I am hoping to take my big bike test this year. I have just bought a Yamaha ybr 125 from 2012 as I really needed a geared bike to get the right experience.

I never felt really confident riding the scoot it just didnt feel right when cornering, there is nothing wrong with it and I realize its just me being nervous.

I went for my first ride yesterday on the ybr well what a difference, I feel much more confident especially when cornering, the bike is more comfortable I feel I have been riding it for years.

Could it be the 18" wheels making the difference I dont know, but very pleased with the bike, I wanted a Honda but this came at a good price so looking forward to the good weather. John.

Hi all, I passed my CBT last Sept and have been getting a bit of practice on a twist and go Honda Pantheon 125 scooter. I am hoping to take my big bike test this year. I have just bought a Yamaha ybr 125 from 2012 as I really needed a geared bike to get the right experience.

I never felt really confident riding the scoot it just didnt feel right when cornering, there is nothing wrong with it and I realize its just me being nervous.

I went for my first ride yesterday on the ybr well what a difference, I feel much more confident especially when cornering, the bike is more comfortable I feel I have been riding it for years.

Could it be the 18" wheels making the difference I dont know, but very pleased with the bike, I wanted a Honda but this came at a good price so looking forward to the good weather. John.

The biggest difference I found was having that feeling of stability from your knees being able to rest against the frame / tank; whereas on a scoot you feel like you could fall out of either side! :shock:

Glad this small change has helped improve your confidence :D

I had a YBR125 for 9 months after doing my CBT and loved it.

I have a Hornet now but there are times when i do miss "ruby" - as my daughter named her due to the colour - particularly when filtering through miles of traffic.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:04 pm

" I had a YBR125 for 9 months after doing my CBT and loved it "........Have you informed the Guinness Book of Records ? 😆

Not really worth starting another thread but the bike will start when in gear with the clutch squeezed.

I thought the neutral light had to be lit to enable the starter, do I have a fault?

No