Challenge 2019 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

It could also mean you love the Adrenalin rush that riding a bike gives you and you are addicted to it :lol:

You are a speed jumkie and you’re just gonna have to suck it up and get those skills improved :wink:

No I am reformed, I was a speed junkie in my yoot but now I am a grown up.... I am a grown up.... I am I am I am :D

[mention]Mickly[/mention] & [mention]gogs01[/mention]

[mention]Slowlycatchymonkey[/mention] has a message for you

You guys don’t have your scores up.

removed off the pics only thread :lol:

@Mickly & @gogs01

@Slowlycatchymonkey has a message for you

That’s rather efficient Stu have you been eating your weetabix? :D

I just had a lazy day at work so thought I best do something :mrgreen:

not bad really cleaned up all the mess and moved things about :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Mickly & @gogs01

@Slowlycatchymonkey has a message for you

So sorry school ma’am 😘

Now up to date

Sorry to be a bit thick, but could somebody put up a list of scores ?

I was confused by the bonus points etc, but I'm struggling to see where it says whether all the tags score the same and, if they do, is that one point, five points or 10 points ?

Needless to say, I've scored myself 2 x 10 points until advised otherwise ! :D

I realise it's not going to matter much because my score a year from now is going to be pretty dismal even if I give myself 100 points at a time, but it's the thought that counts - isn't it ? :?

Sorry to be a bit thick, but could somebody put up a list of scores ?

10 point a picture

Get all of a set (all pubs, all of one region, all dealers) get extra 50 points

Get a member of staff knowingly in a dealer picture extra 5 points per staff

I periodically check and update the scores in the second post of the registration thread

10 point a picture

Get all of a set (all pubs, all of one region, all dealers) get extra 50 points

Get a member of staff knowingly in a dealer picture extra 5 points per staff

I periodically check and update the scores in the second post of the registration thread

Many thanks ! :D

Got home today and had to admit to @Magpie84 that I'd got the first pub without her.

I cannot repeat her reply here in case there's a swear filter (!) but needless to say out eldest heard :lol:

As punishment you don't get your score added to the list until the next update :lol:

Got home today and had to admit to @Magpie84 that I'd got the first pub without her.

I cannot repeat her reply here in case there's a swear filter (!) but needless to say out eldest heard :lol:

As punishment you don't get your score added to the list until the next update :lol:

The carrot for her is that the pub I bagged is on her commute, so when she next rides in it's ripe for the taking....

The carrot for her is that the pub I bagged is on her commute, so when she next rides in it's ripe for the taking....

Nice ploy @sometimessneakyengine

Nice ploy @sometimessneakyengine

Yup, what others don't know is it was just the other day I confided in [mention]slowlycatchymonkey[/mention] via a private message that I feared [mention]magpie84[/mention] was going to secretly bag some points before me (I was suspicious of her telling me not to wait around for her since I said I thought we should get our first pictures together), so I decided to go on a pre-emptive strike.

Aah, marital bliss :lol:

Are we witnessing the beginning of war of the roses?!

If so [mention]Hoggs[/mention] I think sometimes pic is two different bikes, the breakfast sign one is his and the one where you can see it is a point score worthy pub is just some other random green bike pic he lifted from the internet to score points over his wife.... shame on you.

I suggest suspending the points until a full investigation has been completed, it should only take a year or two.....

[mention]Magpie84[/mention] fair?

My even more dirty secret is I was going to also get a Kings Arms on the way home.

But needed to stop by my mum's to get her to sign some paperwork for something I'm helping her with.

And I was losing the light and it was raining so just came straight home.

And said to my wife to placate her "but it's ok, there's a Kings Arms in Stratton we can get together"

giphy.gif

All's fair in love and war....

I think [mention]SometimesSansEngine[/mention] is trying to use the fact he has a sore throat and actually can't talk all that much as a way to try and get away with this :o I feel betrayed

HELLO EVERYONE!!

It's been brought to my attention that one of the tags is a bast*rd to get to so I have sourced an alternative just down the road.

North Wales:

REMOVED Yr Ysgwrn LL41 4UW

REPLACED WITH Statue of Hedd Wyn LL41 4SB

I'm gonna do really badly in this challenge based on pubs alone, but I'm gonna have fun doing it anyway. Next week I'm heading from home in Fife to Stafford, via Durham, then back through the Lake District. Will pick up a few points on the way!

I couldn't find a Ducati dealership convenient for me, the only one I've yet to get, and then I found out that in a few weeks time there's one opening on my usual route to work in Worcester.

So all I've got to do is wait. :D

Finally got [mention]Magpie84[/mention] some points. Had to hold on tight to the number today, the wind was ridonkulous out there.

First after a meeting with some forum members to prove we very much did exist and I hadn't made up a persona of my wife on the forum for a laugh, we headed to a Red Lion, a pub I'd already got (albeit a different one) which allowed [mention]Magpie84[/mention] to even up her point score with me after my dastardly and underhand points grab the other week.

Followed the sat nav until we saw the back of the pub, where the road split into two going either side of it. The sat nav took us around to the left and I knew it went straight into the pub car park so followed it, only to find the side road it brought us along finished at a junction onto a major narrow A road, with a right turn that came tightly back on itself, along with a steep rise from the junction to the busy main road AND an adverse camber. I decided discretion was the better part of valour and said we'd go left before doubling back on ourselves when we could. Grabbed the photo, got back on our bikes only to discover the pub had a second entrances to the car park which connected to the other side road which would have made getting in a doddle. Ho hum.

The Kings Arms had a sign up on exit to say that CCTV monitors the car park and non-patrons will receive a fine. So they'll probably quite enjoy us posing for the camera in our photos.

Finally for the last pub [mention]Magpie84[/mention] said she'd lead the way as she knew where she was going, only to surprise me by pulling in suddenly to a pub unexpectedly. The problem was, it was a White Post and I was sure [mention]Hoggs[/mention] would be having none of that. So back on the road until we got to the White Hart, where lots of people wondered what on earth these random bikers in hi-viz were doing taking dodgy looking pictures.

• 2 weeks later...