"Lucky" charms

elizabethf

Anyone have any lucky charms, bells, routines they have to do?

I recently turned a negative into a positive charm thingy.

While training slipped on some mud and I and the bike were mostly fine but i did snap off a bit of a brake lever. I kept it, then filed it down and drilled a hole in it to turn it into this. :lol:

Shoved it in my pocket for my mod 2 ;) i might stick a split ring on though and use it as a keyring for the bike keys instead.

http://i67.tinypic.com/flhs14.jpg

I guess it depends on how superstitious you are. I personally don’t believe in that sort of thing but I must admit, that is a good idea for an item of jewellery.

I didn't want to neg but I'm with [mention]mikestrivens[/mention]

Do any of this if you personally want to, it's definitely not for me to be cynical/negative/a buzzkill about it, but always ally it constant learning, reflection and training :thumb:

I'm not a lucky charm type of person, but I also don't think keeping something from an experience of a reminder is a bad thing, especially if you later turned it into a positive :)

haha i guess that's why i put lucky in ""

More interesting trinkets I guess. Some have those guardian bells, I have a snapped off piece of brake :lol: I learned plenty that day about muddy roads thats for sure!

I agree with you all on learning and experience btw ;)

I consider my blue leather jacket to be lucky because I've had it for 11 years and not crashed in it once. It may just be because I only wear it on warm sunny days (so not that often!) but.. Y'know..

For me it's less about luck and superstition but more about the reminder. Everytime you look at it you remember that moment, what you learned, what it meant to you, why you are the person you are now. Objects are powerful by association.

Not a believer in luck etc... But like what you've done.

I still have all the staples that were removed from leg. My brother had a serious crash on his bike years ago and has kept his leathers from that (just a tiny rip in them).

For us they are just little reminders not to take things for granted.

Was half tempted to put an offer in for bike I smashed up to repair it but but think that would have been taking the piss :lol:

Always put my right glove on first.

So if for any reason e.g. taking my phone out of my pocket. I then have to remove my other glove and start again so I put the right one on first.....

Boots. The same....

Cross myself 6 times on a plane before take off....

Yes. Weirdo I know....

I actually think I'm getting worse.

Borderline proper OCD. O have to turn the lights off atleast twice...lol. turn off. Turn back on then off to make sure they are off!!!