HELP! Can't get into gear!

JesterPilgrim

ER6F (2007)

I dropped my bike (again). Now I can't get it above 1st gear. I can get it into neutral and first, BUT the neutral light doesn't come on, and the kick stand switch kills the engine whether it's in 1st or N. And when riding, I can't get above 1st.

What have I done! I can't see any damage at all to the gear shift lever. ALSO there seems to be some disconnected tube down there that I haven't noticed before, and I can't find what it's supposed to be connected to!!!!

IMG_2187.thumb.JPG.cd693659cbe7d7346476c311aa8226a4.JPG

IMG_2186.thumb.JPG.12f193890f1b76701800ea23908d0356.JPG

ALL FIXED! I think the gear shift lever might have taken a bump, I gave it a good yank and we're all good! Thanks for the advice on the hose! Really there should be labels on them that say "don't worry, this is supposed to go nowhere".

Check to see if anything's bent and is fouling.

Just for future ref: what does fouling mean?

Hitting anything it shouldn't be.....it can stop a lever, for instance, from moving the full length of its travel and cause the symptoms you describe.

Thanks for the advice on the hose! Really there should be labels on them that say "don't worry, this is supposed to go nowhere".

I only know because I removed the fuel tank to change the air filter the other weekend. I remember the first time I saw them cleaning the bike and thought "wtf are those for?" so get why you'd be a bit confused by them :)