Lexmoto125cc xtrs get engine running?

Alan6770

Got a xtrs for a project it's a 2011 plate with 5 thousand kms done, been garaged since December 2018 since chain broke so I only paid £100 for it so no smart jokes about buying a cheap Chinese bike. Well looking for pointers on what to start at first please? I'm thinking tank off clean drain and refill. And put new battery on and see what happens? What do members recommend. Thanks in advance.

off topic.. but just something I need to get off my chest.

A great many years ago, long before forums were a 'Thing' and the only option for almost 'live" chat on the Internet about my very unusual bike.. the R1100GS.

I joined what was then called a "Listserv" a kind of group email thing. It was based in and mainly used by Americans. and at that time the only independent source of info about my bike.

I was banned in less than a month.

A question was asked about riding history, what bikes have you owned... and I said something like "I have only had one Jap Bike.. a Kawasaki KH250"

That got me thrown off as it caused huge offence to a fair few Americans with Japanese ancestors. I was mortified. Much more careful now about attaching labels to people.

because.. Ive seen the effect. I remember as a kid seeing my Mum spat on in the street, because someone gave her a label due to her accent. In 1974/5 having an Irish accent and living not far from Birmingham was dangerous. My Mum was mentally scarred by that event.. so were we all.

Edited by Gerontious

Chinese?

Hello and welcome

Chinese = Chinese

It's colloquial English.

...just because it's colloquial English doesn't mean its not racist. Any form of slang used to describe a minority grouping can be construed as offensive, simply because it is usually used in a way that denigrates and diminishes the target group. This leads to a mindset whereby members of that group are always considered in a diminutive way that somehow justifies treating them as "not quite equals". And when people are "not quite equal", it is easy to justify treating them in a less-favourable fashion. And when we have established that is it OK to discriminate.........well we all know where that one ends up, don't we?

Chinese?

Hello and welcome

Chinese = Chinese

It's colloquial English.

...just because it's colloquial English doesn't mean its not racist. Any form of slang used to describe a minority grouping can be construed as offensive, simply because it is usually used in a way that denigrates and diminishes the target group. This leads to a mindset whereby members of that group are always considered in a diminutive way that somehow justifies treating them as "not quite equals". And when people are "not quite equal", it is easy to justify treating them in a less-favourable fashion. And when we have established that is it OK to discriminate.........well we all know where that one ends up, don't we?

That is what I would have liked to have typed :-)

Although I strongly disapprove of racist language there are more constructive ways of voicing one's disapproval than registering as Achinesebiker . A check of Achinesebiker's profile reveals that they appear to have previously posted 3 likes under another name . Although it is entirely possible that 93gavinmoran93 is a Chinese person , I suspect that a little well intentioned mischief may be afoot here . I must admit to having used the term "Jap" bike more than once myself and in a positive context too but it is something I will be more mindful of in future.

Rode Jap bikes for a couple of years in my youth, great fun ,no gears ,no brakes but what a charge

Yes, very good , John Alfred Prestwich engined speedway bikes wasn't quite what I had in mind . 😁

Although I strongly disapprove of racist language there are more constructive ways of voicing one's disapproval than registering as Achinesebiker . A check of Achinesebiker's profile reveals that they appear to have previously posted 3 likes under another name . Although it is entirely possible that 93gavinmoran93 is a Chinese person , I suspect that a little well intentioned mischief may be afoot here . I must admit to having used the term "Jap" bike more than once myself and in a positive context too but it is something I will be more mindful of in future.

Hi, I registered this name because I’m Chinese and I’m a new biker, well trying to be one. I did my CBT 3 weeks ago and passed my theory a week later.

So helllo every one btw!! :D

Hi, I registered this name because I’m Chinese and I’m a new biker, well trying to be one. I did my CBT 3 weeks ago and passed my theory a week later.

Welcome along old bean.

Welcome to the forum .

I asked for advice and all it seems to have caused is a debate about, Different countries and ppl from them places....

Do any of these questions get proper decent helpful replies??? Any way eres a update on my lexmoto, xtrs.

I've now completed all other jobs: new drive chain, rear tyre, and also emptied and cleaned the fuel tank, so unless I get any worthy tips/replies on what to check and do next, I'll just go off my novice ideas, But would like to hear any helpful replies, to proceed with the job in hand...T,I,A.....

I asked for advice and all it seems to have caused is a debate about, Different countries and ppl from them places....

Do any of these questions get proper decent helpful replies??? Any way eres a update on my lexmoto, xtrs.

I've now completed all other jobs: new drive chain, rear tyre, and also emptied and cleaned the fuel tank, so unless I get any worthy tips/replies on what to check and do next, I'll just go off my novice ideas, But would like to hear any helpful replies, to proceed with the job in hand...T,I,A.....

Back on track.....have you fitted a new battery or charged the old one and started it up yet?

Yes I've finally put fresh fuel in and she started up on the forth kick, sounds good as a125cc goes, but one problem is the battery doesn't seem to be getting a charge up. So any ideas/tips to help sort out the problem would be greatly appreciated...