Look at this Picture, is the average speed camera front or rear facing?

workpeter

The cameras are located between these two points for the 30MPH zone.

For the life of me though, i can't tell if they are setup to take a picture of the front registration plate or the rear!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.6985161,-2.3354184,3a,75y,118.3h,96.62t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sO5G6YhQ_1yfUyOQAPRQ9lg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.6998283,-2.3450768,3a,75y,282.96h,102.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbM8MfCC4pqueSZ2kU5I76Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Thoughts?

Speedflip.

Use it to avoid a speeding ticket and that would fall under "perverting the course of justice'. minimum 4 months in prison. more likely a hefty fine and probably community service

It is also a specific offence under the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994. and that alone can get you a £1000 fine

not something you want to appear in court for... unless you're already a criminal and don't care.

Ok lets use some logic here.

Assume youre travelling into the zone via the cameras in top link and exiting via the camera in the second link then youre Ok..

Because the cameras in second link are only forward facing when exiting 30MPH zone.

However the reverse direction is more tricky.

Youre going from a 50MPH into a 30MPH and the camera then is facing your rear. But i cant tell which exiting camera its paired with. If its paired with the camera facing you then no issues, but if its paired with the camera facing away then that means youve travelled through two rear facing cameras

Guest Richzx6r

I have no idea lol, only thing I can say is ride at the appropriate speed limit at the appropriate time and everything should be fine or hoist a 12 o clock wheelie and hide your plate

Speedflip.

Use it to avoid a speeding ticket and that would fall under "perverting the course of justice'. minimum 4 months in prison. more likely a hefty fine and probably community service

It is also a specific offence under the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994. and that alone can get you a £1000 fine

not something you want to appear in court for... unless you're already a criminal and don't care.

Don’t be so hard with me I just propose one of the solutions for speed cameras, I don’t need it as I am usually 1 or 2 miles below the limit. Even my wife call be grandpa driver. :angel12:

Speedflip.

Don’t be so hard with me I just propose one of the solutions for speed cameras, I don’t need it as I am usually 1 or 2 miles below the limit. Even my wife call be grandpa driver. :angel12:

I'm not being hard with you at all. A speed flip definitely is a solution, but it's one that if you use as you pass a speed camera it will result in a whole world of pain, most if not all cameras are high definition. The police will be able to see what bike you are riding, what colour, what brand of clothing you're wearing and helmet and you can expect to see your photos in the local paper under the title, "do you know this biker?". Police want to talk to him about a serious offence. Or if you have used it repeatedly, a string of serious offence. You could easily end up in prison. You will definitely end up with fines in the £1000s.

It's not worth it, the risks are massive and the results can be life changing.