Gear changing problems

Ineedhelpwithnybike

I recently was riding my Services Senda 50, and I experienced some gear changing problems. I can change gear then the shifter doesn't go back into position, if I go up a gear, I have to gently tap it down so it is able to change gear again, same with down shifting, I have to tap it back up to be able to o change gears. After a gear change I can't change another gear right away, if I don't tap it into place it become very wobbly and doesn't allow me to change gear at all.

Edited by Ineedhelpwithnybike

I had that on my 125 bike. WD40 on the lever where the lever connects/pivots. That helped :-)

I plan to stick some gt85 on after asking some advice about what is lubricant as opposed to a water dispersant.

I had that on my 125 bike. WD40 on the lever where the lever connects/pivots. That helped :-)

I plan to stick some gt85 on after asking some advice about what is lubricant as opposed to a water dispersant.

Did it also not allow you to change gear once you just changed.

Like change up a gear and I have to tap it back down again, if I don't then I can't change up or down and it has alot of movement without changing gear.

But thanks, I'll give it a try

Hoping to cure a gear selector mechanism problem with a squirt of WD40 is taking wishful thinking to stratospheric levels . Good luck anyway.

Hoping to cure a gear selector mechanism problem with a squirt of WD40 is taking wishful thinking to stratospheric levels . Good luck anyway.

But WD40 is meant to fix anything! When the auto ignition in our gas hob got stuck I sprayed it with WD40. It must have worked because when I turned the gas on the whole hob blew up. OK, so I'd forgotten that WD40 is extremely flammable, but the point is that the ignition worked again.

That might well be true and I have the mechanical skills of a sea anemone as I have said before. It did seem to make a difference to me though when I my gear lever was not returning to it's neutral position (for the lever not neutral in the gear box).

But WD40 is meant to fix anything! When the auto ignition in our gas hob got stuck I sprayed it with WD40. It must have worked because when I turned the gas on the whole hob blew up. OK, so I'd forgotten that WD40 is extremely flammable, but the point is that the ignition worked again.

It's even believed to cure bronchitis and reduce the crackling sound on old vinyl records. As I've said before, WD stands for Water Dispersant and it took 40 attempts to get it right.