Daily pet thread!

elizabethf

Well tickle my tits: my bloody youngest has joined in now and decided that I need a pet, so he made me my very own pet potato in school today.

IMG_0569.JPG.1c7188b958e0d7b9eb3ea5f5de66a7c0.JPG

My cup truly f*cking overfloweth... :bang:

A mad angry looking potato, well they say pets resemble their owners, lets really hope that’s not true..... :D

edit.... is it’s mouth duct taped shut :shock:

Are you dissing Mr Potato? :spank:

Is pic number 4 the Siegfried & Roy of Butlins? :D

No idea, but I'd put money on No 2 never having had sex with anyone. Well, not with anyone who was conscious at the time...

The cat will tell you different and I bet it was awake .

Is pic number 4 the Siegfried & Roy of Butlins? :D

No idea, but I'd put money on No 2 never having had sex with anyone. Well, not with anyone who was conscious at the time...

The cat will tell you different and I bet it was awake .

The poor thing had stripes but the shock of it's ordeal turned it's fur white .

Lol, great pets people. Here's a few of mine haha, also have ferrets and 3 more fish tanks. Dr Dolittle.

Is that snake what I think it is? :shock: , I’m guessing you know how big they get, bet he/she will be a handful when they’re older!.

75% kalatoa superdwarf, 25% selayer dwarf. Hector should top out 7-10ft :thumb: 2yrs old 5ft and 600g. Puppy dog tame.

I do my research.

Please pardon my ignorance but exactly how do you produce a snake that is 25 percent one thing and 75 percent another ?

By having one parent 50/50 and the other parent pure bred.

Yes I get that bit but if snakes ,or any other animal for that matter with the exception of fish , we're to hybridize too readily they would all look the same . So do you just bung them in the same tank with a four pack, some chocolates and a bunch of flowers from the garage or is it a bit more scientific than that . There's no need to be too graphic as it's coming up to Sunday lunch time.

it doesn't normally happen because different varieties normally live in different environments/locales... with only small amounts of crossover at the margins. But.. if they are of the same species but differing varieties and are artificially put together and breed. this happens. In the wild the two varieties might normally exist a 100 miles apart. or 10 miles.. but with a barrier between them and haven't been separated long enough in time, to have become different species that cannot interbreed.

In the example of the snakes. you could have one variety that had a certain appearance that gave it an advantage in the rainforest... and another variety that at some point moved out of the forest onto grassland.. or the forest vanished and over time its appearance changed to one that gave it an advantage in hunting or preventing it from being eaten. The snakes from the forest do not cross over to the grassland because they are likely to be eaten. and those in the grassland stay where they are because if they were to enter the forest they might starve to death.

Good explanation.

The dwarf and superdwarf populations are on small islands in the Pacific, kalatoa, selaya ect. The superdwarfs were found fairly recently 20?? And this particular group rarely pass 9ft.

Reticulated pythons are the longest species in the world so a dwarf then superdwarf locations are pretty special. Kinda like the cbr400 is to the blade haha.

Some would want a fireblade but fear and circumstances might lead to them rather having a cbr400... Not everyone wants a 25ft snake.

The islands where superdwarf are located are very small all 5 less than 70-80 sq miles, hence the lack of habitat and prey they have evolved smaller.

Hmmm..... A box of fruit and 2 boxes of noodles every day..... Prolonging Active Life? Don't think so......bet doing the poo bag was interesting....

In other news, pedigree kitten turns out to be wolverine.... :shock: