Noo scoot

Bianco2564

Bit of a change from my other bikes, I decided to get something that I can use for work and not get stressed about it getting wet ,dirty or racking up a load of miles.

So here is my 2003 Honda silverwing.

It's 600cc so not a slouch off the mark and will allegedly do 115mph;ill take their word on that. Cruised back down the A14 this afternoon into a very strong headwind at a comfortable 70-75mph.

This one is a bit scruffy around the edges, couple of bits of the plastic are damaged but nothing that cant be replaced.

A strange experience at first with twist and go ,rear brake on the left bar and feet forward riding position but I soon got used to it.

Needs a bit of a clean up and check over but will be ready for commuting duty on Monday am.

20190309_173834-1651x1238.thumb.jpg.9034d64ac0cfb70088978f1657f8d978.jpg

never seen an africa twin quite like that before, however everytime i go to the Honda dealership the one bike i spend most time looking at is a scooter. a scooter, but not as we know it.

Honda-XADV-1.thumb.jpg.a82a8dedfd1a2684f85910592c1e010f.jpg

I didn't test ride it because i had the sneaking suspicion that i would end up buying one.

never seen an africa twin quite like that before, however everytime i go to the Honda dealership the one bike i spend most time looking at is a scooter. a scooter, but not as we know it.

Honda-XADV-1.jpg

The previous owner was an Africa twin fan and put some stickers on the swing.

Honda-XADV-1.jpg

I didn't test ride it because i had the sneaking suspicion that i would end up buying one.

It's not really a scooter though, more like a bike with the petrol tank in a different place .

Went to work on it today without any issue, my first commute to work since about November so it's served its purpose of allowing me to ride in less than ideal weather for my other bikes. 3 degrees C and ice this morning would have kept the R1 tucked up in the garage.

Had it up to 85mph on the way home and it felt like it was still pulling well.

Acres of room under the seat for my rucksack and a laptop.

I’d like to try one of these, and it sounds like it’s just the job for you. How are you finding the mix of large engine and small wheels?

Cruising along an A road its fine.

I have a short stretch of twisty b roads and have to remember its not an R1 or RGV :D

Gets a bit bouncy when pushing on, might be the suspension is a bit tired, its done 51k miles.