This evenings project

MarkW

After a quick rummage I've rustled up enough bits to build a snare drum, and I'm quite happy with the way it's turned out. It sounds great - nice and warm and full but with plenty of attack if you want it. It'll be perfect for a bit of jazz, I reckon.

2G8A6741.thumb.jpg.140496791776d27b032e360f3c599869.jpg

2G8A6745.thumb.jpg.7e1b64f1778de2f390c52b7a7a149d58.jpg

It was a fun thing to build with my boys, but not exactly taxing. I built a pair of PA speakers for my old band a couple of years ago, which I really enjoyed doing. Shortly after I finished them all my tools got stolen, and not having had the enthusiasm (or the money) to replace them all I'm reduced to drilling holes in drum shells and screwing bits of hardware on. :(

Thanks fellas! Honestly though, it looks fancier than it is: a bit of highschool geometry and a drill bit is all there is to it!

I've got tons of old drill bits in my garage, will you make me one? :up:

• 2 weeks later...

I've made another one. I'm not really sure that blue sparkle is my thing, but the shell was half price due to a tiny and almost imperceptible flaw in the finish.

2G8A6752.thumb.jpg.f61a8c6298243077eb771e124f0dbc67.jpg

2G8A6760.thumb.jpg.342e10b5c4b955ede82ea655418946de.jpg

All I need now is a call from a Gloria Gaynor tribute act looking for a drummer. :thumb: