Kawasaki or Honda

Fowzy

I would say go sit on them and decide which you find more enjoyable :D

:stupid: Wot Elizabeth said...... There's no substitute for bum on a seat..... get a test ride of each, if you can.... :thumb:

Thanks for the advice. The newer HD 883 is definitely on the future list, a bit out of my price range at the moment. I think the best thing is to sit on the bikes and see how they feel because there's not much in it when compared head to head. Vulcan / phantom / Street. 8-)

Thanks for the advice. The newer HD 883 is definitely on the future list, a bit out of my price range at the moment. I think the best thing is to sit on the bikes and see how they feel because there's not much in it when compared head to head. Vulcan / phantom / Street. 8-)

yeh never buy an 883. especially when its not your first 'big bike', they're sluggish as a ****. you can get used dynas and 1200 sporties for 5-9k used on ebay.

This is my first reply to a post, unfortunately I have to mention HD as a non too good experience for me. I've had the 1200 custom Sportster and the 1500 FXDB. Fine engines on both machines and they both looked great. For me the down side was lack of good brakes and poor handling. Also the pricing is very steep. I personally would be looking at the Japanese market if I were to go for a cruiser again but that's just my preference.

As others have said, look around and sit on a few bikes. You will know when the right one comes along.

I've ridden both bikes and now I've ended up with a Vulcan 650.

The two bikes are VERY different both style and performance wise. The vulcan is a 'sporty' type of cruiser with a bobber body positioning. It's a lot lighter and nimble and has a lot more torque & HP per weight than the shadow and I'm pretty sure it's the one of the fastest stock cruiser out there. It's also fuel injected parallel twin from the ninja 650 family so its extremely reliable. It also has ERGO fit so very comfy for a wide range of size.

HOWEVER, the cons:

- Parallel twin sound (not typical cruiser and I'd honestly prefer a v twin sound)

- it's sportier than a cruiser both style and handling and overall

- style is arguable, some prefer it some don't

- Looks smaller than the shadow so if you prefer a big bike look then go for the shadow

In short the vulcan is in every way better than the shadow but its not your typical cruiser

*content may be slightly biased