motorbike simulator mechanic

workpeter

Hi All,

Do any of you know of a good simulation program where you can practice taking bikes apart etc?

I know there is the game "Motorbike Garage Mechanic Simulator" but it doesn't look great honestly.

The simulation doesn't have to be a game, it could just be learning software.

Forget it. Only one way to learn - and that's by getting your hands dirty. "Reassembly is the opposite procedure to dismantling". Yeah, OK, Mr Haynes. I heard ya.

Good luck.

This is a wind up right ?

It would have been - except the spring broke. You couldn't overwind 'em on the computer....

I'd like to see a program that simulates kneeling on an upturned 10mm bolt then whacking your head on the handlebars as you stand up .

Or burning your knuckles doing the timing on a Guzzi 850 'cos you ain't got the special tool to slacken the bolts holding the distributor......

Edited to add for the sake of pedantry: it isn't actually a distributor but it looks near-as-dammit like one and you twist it back and forth to dynamically adjust the timing...whilst burning your knuckles on the cylinder fins.......

Edited by Anonymous

yea and I bet you don't get all the expletives on a simulator either :lol:

If you want to learn a bit about mechanics and you enjoy expletives then subscribe to The Workshop YouTube channel . Search ER5 Pony Power etc . Or if customisation is your thing then there's always Ichiban Moto , a particular favorite of mine and totally badass.

Good grief

I thought Itchy Bum Moto was shite, but that is a new level of shiteness ( is that a word? )

It is now !

[mention]Westbeef[/mention]

I've played that. Good fun if a little repetitive at times. funnily enough the game is a lot easier if you already have a knowledge of engines and what goes wrong with cars in general :D

OK kids, repeat after me...."righty-tighty, lefty-loosey".........

There. What could possibly go wrong with that???? :roll:

left hand threads

Name that left-hand thread in one.......usually only on rotating parts where the direction of rotation would tend to loosen a part with a conventional thread.....but as a general maxim, not too bad as a rule of thumb. Always assuming that the putative mechanic does have opposable thumbs, that is.

Anyway, that's what manuals are for, isn't it? We do remember manuals, don't we?

OK kids, repeat after me...."righty-tighty, lefty-loosey".........

There. What could possibly go wrong with that???? :roll:

left hand threads

Name that left-hand thread in one.......?

Left hand pedal on a push bike. :wink:

left hand threads

So, possibly by extension, also on an SS50 or FS1E? Not forgetting the Punch Maxi. Oh god.

left hand threads

ER5 / GPZ 500 water pump.