Damn superglue

elizabethf

I’ve seen some footage (possibly on here) of black shoe polish reviving black plastic to look like new. Might be worth a go.

A hair dryer or careful use of heat gun restores faded car bumpers - maybe that would disguise any discolouration if you do get it off?

Hairdryer or heat gun on a low setting should start to melt it, then use sticky stuff remover of your choice (there are many... Cleaning alcohol, chain cleaner etc)

If using something with acetone in it just use it sparingly and rise well afterwards.

The only lesson learned = thank f%$k MT's have plastic panels surrounding the tank for easy replacement when you tarnish them!

Wouldn't it have been so much easier to put a cloth over the area before starting !! :!:

Wouldn't it have been so much easier to put a cloth over the area before starting !! :!:

It would also have been so much easier if I was born with all the knowledge I would ever need to get through life, but sadly that isn't how it works.

The way we learn is through teaching and mistakes.

Common sense seems to be sorely lacking in modern youth

Well I'm not modern and certainly no youth and now and again my common sense has apparently deserted me. I've made the odd gaffe myself in my time and age most definitely doesn't confer wisdom. If your lucky you've just made most of the obvious cockups already and don't make the same one twice.

What do you consider 'youth'? :scratch:

And again, I left them on the side as 'to do' thing. In the meantime while I was tidying my other half was trying to do a nice thing and do it for me.

Should he have covered the area? Yes. Should he have panicked and try to scrub it with a tea towel? No. But hey ho, his intentions were good. I was annoyed initially as I take pride in my bike but The bike still works as do the grips he kindly did for me, so it's not the end of the world.

Seems a bit harsh.

The Title of thread is wrong , super glue is a fantastic product ....

a school boy error ( or school girl ) was made when applying the Super Glue , title is derogatory to super glue and title of thread should be Damn Super Glue user .

I've always been of the assumption that the older you get the more common sense you acquire :wink:

.. Common Sense.... having effed it up in the past and not doing it again whilst looking like you never effed it up in the first place (but we know, don't we... :twisted:)

.. Not Common Sense.... the triumph of expectation over experience (second marriages, second BMWs, doing the lottery again etc......)

You know what this thread is missing? An nice long essay of the history of glue by griptwister ;)

Don't worry guys Im not offended, lesson learnt by me and the other half and I cant comment on his common sense. It will be fixed tomorrow so meh :cheers:

You know what this thread is missing? An nice long essay of the history of glue by griptwister ;)

.... Not forgetting the inevitable descriptions of 120mph pizza deliveries :roll:

And don't forget - do it, screw it and learn :thumb:

Do it, screw it, screw it again..... :roll:

Common sense seems to be sorely lacking in modern youth

I suppose you're infinitely more wise, because you just hand over all your dosh to a dealer to do these jobs for you? You come across a very bitter old man.