Damn superglue

elizabethf

It would also have been so much easier if I was born with all the knowledge I would ever need to get through life, but sadly that isn't how it works.

The way we learn is through teaching and mistakes.

But when I make a mistake you all bully me :(.

I suppose you guys do try help after loling at me first.

:D

Common sense seems to be sorely lacking in modern youth

I suppose you're infinitely more wise, because you just hand over all your dosh to a dealer to do these jobs for you? You come across a very bitter old man.

What a bunch of snowflakes. Grow some cojones. I spend my whole life dealing with people with zero common sense.

There it is.

This isn't a case of people getting offended because of their "snowflake" tendencies, it's people calling you out for being, frankly, a knob because instead of just ignoring the post you are crowing around belittling someone on the internet who admitted an error was made and was seeking help and knowledge on how to correct it.

Common sense would surely dictate that your continued response on this thread is a pointless endeavour, so let's see how that plays out.

What do you consider 'youth'? :scratch:

:stupid:

I'd be very interested to know where your threshold is on this.

By the following use of snowflake I would assume you mean "Millennials".

And again, I left them on the side as 'to do' thing. In the meantime while I was tidying my other half was trying to do a nice thing and do it for me.

Should he have covered the area? Yes. Should he have panicked and try to scrub it with a tea towel? No. But hey ho, his intentions were good.

Aww, sounds like a really sweet thing for him to try, I'm sorry it didn't work out well.

You know what you need to do now though?

Take off the old 'glued' panel. Strip it down and use it for practice, go to Halfords and find an auto spray paint in a colour you like.

Once you're happy, get the new panel you've ordered and the other panel on the bike and spray them mad colours of your own choosing :mrgreen:

Learning a new skill while making your bike very unique and personalised to you! :thumb:

And again, I left them on the side as 'to do' thing. In the meantime while I was tidying my other half was trying to do a nice thing and do it for me.

Should he have covered the area? Yes. Should he have panicked and try to scrub it with a tea towel? No. But hey ho, his intentions were good.

Aww, sounds like a really sweet thing for him to try, I'm sorry it didn't work out well.

You know what you need to do now though?

Take off the old 'glued' panel. Strip it down and use it for practice, go to Halfords and find an auto spray paint in a colour you like.

Once you're happy, get the new panel you've ordered and the other panel on the bike and spray them mad colours of your own choosing :mrgreen:

Learning a new skill while making your bike very unique and personalised to you! :thumb:

That's what Im gonna do with the old panel, while there is a new one on there, I can still try different methods of lifting the glue so I know for future reference AND spray it up :)

What a bunch of snowflakes. Grow some cojones. I spend my whole life dealing with people with zero common sense.

I love that being called a snowflake is the knee jerk response to anyone calling people out on the internet these days. Plus isn't a snowflake a term for someone who is easily offended, yet a page back I just said I wasn't offended? Ok then.

We ALL have to deal with people who may be academically smart but lack common sense, get over it? Everyone learns.

Those damn 'elders' trying to be cool to 'us youth' (Not sure you can call me a youth at 30, unless youth = anyone even a year younger than you) by using all the current in words wrongly and then getting all butthurt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was asking for help about something that had already happened. It's all better now with a new panel, so I guess you can roast me for the super glue incident all you like now though. I don't mind because again, not offended.

https://i.imgur.com/DtEL1mo.gif' alt='IMGUR>'>

That's what Im gonna do with the old panel, while there is a new one on there, I can still try different methods of lifting the glue so I know for future reference AND spray it up :)

Yeah good idea to keep trying once the new ones here (honestly I'd already jumped ahead to sanding the glue off to start spraying! :oops: )

You'll def have to report back once you've spent some time with it as no doubt someone else will have this problem again in the future.

Also, small side note. If you do decide to spray paint the panels, just make sure you seal them properly after. :thumb:

I've had a bike which I bought off a friend for pennies, which a previous owner had tried to repaint it and without the proper sealant, it's just quite susceptible to petrol damage.

It's not noticeable at first, but after a few times at the petrol station where you've dropped a little petrol on the tank, you could just start to see the drip marks. :(

Looking forward to project pics :mrgreen:

https://i.imgur.com/DtEL1mo.gif' alt='IMGUR>'>

... Cold gif, bro. Shireen never deserved that shit. :violin:

Oooh, now that you have your solution sorted, can we derail this into a GoT thread?

I love that being called a snowflake is the knee jerk response to anyone calling people out on the internet these days. Plus isn't a snowflake a term for someone who is easily offended, yet a page back I just said I wasn't offended? Ok then.

My anecdata based on my observations is that those that are quick to call people snowflakes to try and shut down a debate seem to be pretty insecure themselves. Sharing memes and stories about how the mean snowflakes are taking their "right to free speech" away, going on about immigration and a downfall of Christianity changing the world they live in etc etc etc

Probably not true in all cases, but for a huge chunk that I've witnessed.

One day I'll work out what the anti-snowflakes are getting so offended by, since they hate snowflakes and are such resilient folks.

My anecdata based on my observations is that those that are quick to call people snowflakes to try and shut down a debate seem to be pretty insecure themselves. Sharing memes and stories about how the mean snowflakes are taking their "right to free speech" away, going on about immigration and a downfall of Christianity changing the world they live in etc etc etc

Probably not true in all cases, but for a huge chunk that I've witnessed.

One day I'll work out what the anti-snowflakes are getting so offended by, since they hate snowflakes and are such resilient folks.

giphy.gif

Edited by Gin

Jesus , what's up with a bit of Micky taking nowadays .... if this subject came up in a cafe or in a pub on a ride out , would every one be jumping down some ones throat cause they made a comment or ligh hearted joke about it .

Op wasn't offended every one else wades in defending with their swords and shields :roll:

Fooking snowflakes

Jesus , what's up with a bit of Micky taking nowadays .... if this subject came up in a cafe or in a pub on a ride out , would every one be jumping down some ones throat cause they made a comment or ligh hearted joke about it .

Op wasn't offended every one else wades in defending with their swords and shields :roll:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fooking snowflakes

Come on Six, you must of seen the message that this is a GoT gif thread now.. :roll:

Fixed your comment for you!

:mrgreen:

I did indeed spray my msx panels for pennies. 2 years later (although not that many miles... ~1kish) they still, surprisingly, looks pretty good. no peeling or bits lifting. Definitely recommend halfords own clear coat and the graffiti paint :lol:

Bad picture... but it's the only recent one I have!

IMG_20190227_180018.thumb.jpg.4b31d123bd3f79aaafae1c382b3db0e4.jpg

Yeah but you think 27 is middle aged :(

Fooking snowflakes

I just wanted an excuse to call Mike a bitter old man, cause I think he's a knob :thumb:

Anyone aged 23 to 38 is a millennial. The emerging digital generation. Digital/tech savvy but still remember having to go outside to entertain themselves after school or during weekends/holidays.

Must be old because those were the funnest days.

...and I still think original Myspace was the best.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fooking snowflakes

Come on Six, you must of seen the message that this is a GoT gif thread now.. :roll:

Bring back Sean Bean :|

giphy.gif

Fooking snowflakes

Bring back Sean Bean :|

Who do you think that last gif is? :eek2: Zombie Boromir!

Dude! How old do you think I am!? :D

Anyone aged 23 to 38 is a millennial. The emerging digital generation.

Indeed! It deeply irritates me when "millennial" is just used for "Dumb kid" or, you know, common sense lacking youth.

I was curious if someone who would use the term "snowflake" unironically would know the generation time frames.

I will however say that I didn't go out as much as maybe I should have cos my area was shit and I was a nerd from a young age (Chess club, WoW and all nighters in LAN cafes!)

I was quite a tomboy as a kid so usually hung out with the lads along the street. A bit of an awkward teen; I just did a lot of reading and loved stuff like Lord of the Rings. Never go as far as warhammer but my brother did and I quite liked all the painting. Oh and I went through the Pokemon phase when I was around 10 like we all did (i actually have a pokemon themed tattoo!).

I’m more than twice your age, and I’m definitely still a yoof.