Today's crash

Guest Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

So half 10 this morning on the way to work I had a bit of an off, riding along coming up to a junction controlled with traffic lights and some total idiot decides that it's his right of way to turn right across oncoming traffic straight into my path, I take avoiding action whilst trying to do an emergency stop and I lock the front a low side, neither vehicle make any contact but I believe my bike will be an economical write off due to it not being worth that much second hand book price......even the police laid blame with the 3rd party driver.

And now I'm without transport and unable to work because I have ripped off the nail on my left ring finger and it ripped a hole in the nail bed down to the bone so it's now stitched up and mending but in the meantime I'm unable to work because of it.

I hope the twat rots in hell for being a complete moron

IMG-20190319-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.df9c24ecc97dc1c096648bd39758c10a.jpeg

What's left of the end of my finger

Edited by Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

Bugger!

Hope you're OK?

Did they stop?

Yea they stopped luckily for them, though I thought they were going to do a runner so before the bike had even come to a halt I was up and shouting after them

Guest Richzx6r

Well that'll put people off their dinner :lol:

Were you wearing a motorcycle glove, out of interest? Not judging, just intrigued after that sort of injury.

Yea abit graphic, yea I was wear my gloves but the stitching came apart on that finger

15530221980747619539294796612969.thumb.jpg.5f2d43f7e4158655f3007fcc60fc589b.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Cor flip :shock:

See I wince when I see people riding without gloves. I wonder if your finger would have been even more mangled without the glove to take the initial impact.

That was a spill at 20-25 mph without gloves I'd guess I'd have skinned my hands bare imho, I'm the same when I see people riding without gloves!

They should honestly be compulsory same as the helmet is

Guest Richzx6r

Looks bad and painful but at least it is not something worse :thumb:

Tbh its not so painful right now I'm still dosed up with painkillers and they are doing their job well

Have you been onto your local no fee solicitor, you should be able to claim for transport loss of earnings and injury.

What make were the gloves, I think I would be looking at something a bit more protective.

Hope you mend quick.

That's a real crap thing to happen. Glad you're not more badly injured. Any time I'm out on the bike I'm always on the alert for cars to pull stunts like that. If I go home and nothing has occurred , that's a real rarity. The standard of car driving is getting worse.

Guest Richzx6r

Have you been onto your local no fee solicitor, you should be able to claim for transport loss of earnings and injury.

What make were the gloves, I think I would be looking at something a bit more protective.

Hope you mend quick.

Schoeller keprotec is on the label and with the agency I'm working for they have given me details for the loss of earnings and injury but I'll give one a call tomorrow, along with the insurance company again as I'm still waiting for a call from them now and they have till 8 pm also my insurance may be able to claim for that too

Edited by Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

That's a real crap thing to happen. Glad you're not more badly injured. Any time I'm out on the bike I'm always on the alert for cars to pull stunts like that. If I go home and nothing has occurred , that's a real rarity. The standard of car driving is getting worse.

What gets me is the car actually stopped then at the last moment decided to take a punt and go, so he couldn't say he didn't see me when he stopped then went again as he was claiming that he didn't see me when hi view was clear for at least 1/4 of a mile or more

You will find a good claim company will run rings around your insurance company, to insurance your just a stat to get rid of with as little effort as possible

I have only had a couple of insurance related claims, I have never been a fan of the ambulance chasers but the difference between the insurance and the accident claim route I found to be huge, you chase the insurance company , the claim company chase you.

And it's not like you are not deserving of a claim.

Guest Richzx6r

how much were the gloves? Im having second thoughts now on my 25 quid gloves..

get well soon of course!

I can't really remember tbf but they weren't that expensive maybe 40 quid, I'm sure you're gloves are fine my other gloves were 20 quid

Guest Richzx6r

You will find a good claim company will run rings around your insurance company, to insurance your just a stat to get rid of with as little effort as possible

I have only had a couple of insurance related claims, I have never been a fan of the ambulance chasers but the difference between the insurance and the accident claim route I found to be huge, you chase the insurance company , the claim company chase you.

And it's not like you are not deserving of a claim.

I shall have a ring around a few tomorrow, just out of curiosity who did you use?

Bad news - hope you get things sorted.

Your experience makes me think hold old some of my kit is - it all looks OK but I wonder if some of the stitching is perished? Maybe we ought to replace kit after a certain time period no matter how good it looks?

Guest Richzx6r

Bad news - hope you get things sorted.

Your experience makes me think hold old some of my kit is - it all looks OK but I wonder if some of the stitching is perished? Maybe we ought to replace kit after a certain time period no matter how good it looks?

I'd stand by you on that one mate, its 3 years for lids why not for other bits of kit.

From now on I'm sticking to the 3 year rule unless something happens to it inside the 3 years