Instructor failure and mod 1

Hello guys reason im posting is I was ment to take my module 1 today 25.10.12

I asked my instructor what time my module 1 would be Thursday his reply was early he shot off on his cbr6 like a bat outta hell so contemplating i realised that wasent a good enough answer i phoned him and asked what time to be at birkdale trading estate the training centre where we usually meet he said 7.45 and from there ride to st Helens test centre which is about 40 minutes away so i agreed and put down the phone i got up early and travelled up to birkdale to pick up the bike and kit etc i was there from 7:30 until 8 and still no avail.

i phoned him as usual he said where are you i said at the training centre he said "i thought you'd do that i said this to me wife and she said he will forget" i was confused because i clearly wrote it down and planned everything anyways he said i was an hour late and i owe him the test fee and he had a mod1 Monday i weren't having it so i phoned st Helens test centre and low and behold i hadent even been booked in i am so angry I've payed alot of money out and i have to go elsewhere now because im being treated unfairly.

anyone have any numbers to which i can contact he isn't getting away with it cheers.

Let me get this right. He told you to meet somewhere before riding to the test centre and he failed to turn up making you late for a test that wasn't booked?

Have you got any receipts to say what you'd paid for? If not I would just write a polite but strongly worded letter to him asking for your money back on the test fee, and keep a copy of the letter that you send. If you don't get a reply, send another one. In the mean time, find a reputable school with reccomendations from other people, and book the mod 1 test yourself.

Sorry if I wrote that out abit iffy he told me that he had booked my mod 1 for Thursday aka today I turned up to the training centre to pick up the 500 for the time he stated and place but when I arrived he wasent there I phoned and he had made some bull story about how I was ment to be at the test centre for 6.45 and told me my test was booked for 8.15 its was aload of rubbish I phoned the test centre and I weren't even booked in basicaly absolutely devestated about it to be honest wasted money on the lessons he was taking us to stupid places like his house some random place that sold VW parts called VW scene ? To see how his real axl on his beetle was coming along im gonna make some serious complaints about these guys viper motorcycle training school Southport merseyside/sefton borough

bin him off, confront him about the fact you know the test was never booked and demand your money back

i can recommend aintree motorcycle training (not too far from you) , i done all my training with them earlier this year and they were great!!

If he took money off you for a test which he never bothered to book and won't give the money back (if he gives it back it could be put down to a bad, but simple mistake), then isn't this basically fraud? If he flat out refuses a refund i'd contact the police myself, and i'd tell him that you intend to do that.

• 6 years later...

I passed my test using viper at southport and found no problems at all.

As for being ripped off im in some doubt as the owner of viper is a ex police officer who i can assure you has the highest and most proffessional mannor with training and knowleageable motorcycle education anyone could have.

I found him very pollite and never late for any appointments especially tests.

If my memory is correct tests are booked on two days per week (eg) tues/thurs and nothing else on that day.

Training on other week days and cbt at weekends so im not sure what this fella has missed but obviously he must be correct i think not.

viper is highly reccommended by myself.

Thankyou viper. No Probs here.

baz. skem.

for the record why on earth would you ask a instructor to travel from southport to take a test at sthelens????? when theres a test centre in southport.

hmmmmmmmmmmm seems like a bit of b/s in my oppinnion. maybe a rival company.

Who knows.??

some facts. first of all viper only did tests at southport or chorley.

second. He never took payments in full advance. training was pay as you go.

Third. His office was at his home. and lived with his mum. No wife.

To be able to do test the person complaining would have to go to vipers house to use the 500cc motorcycles to be insured. oh and the complainant says he phoned up viper but doesnt know the number. lol

in my oppinion some rival trying to diss viper.

cheers

baz.

... and what's @baz 's relationship with Viper?! :scratch:

I'm guessing owner ('some facts' and 'for the record' are a bit of a giveaway, how could you know facts if you aren't involved with the company?) and after a quickfire 3 post rant we will probably never hear from them again. Personally I avoid companies that pull fake crap like this like the plague. If you genuinely want to have your side of the story heard at least identify yourself as the company in question not pretend to be a customer.

... and what's @baz 's relationship with Viper?! :scratch:

I'm guessing owner ('some facts' and 'for the record' are a bit of a giveaway, how could you know facts if you aren't involved with the company?) and after a quickfire 3 post rant we will probably never hear from them again. Personally I avoid companies that pull fake crap like this like the plague. If you genuinely want to have your side of the story heard at least identify yourself as the company in question not pretend to be a customer.

Also, original poster stuck around for a couple of years after so unlikely they were a rival company and more likely a pissed off customer, baz mysteriously decides his only 3 posts are on a 7 year old thread more likely found by search rather than just happening to be browsing forum.

As above you would be much more respected if you posted as business owner with your side of the story. All you've really done now is highlight a thread which would more likely have been missed by everyone else as a poor attempt to try and discredit a someone yet only discredited yourself.

If it had been me, I'd have apologised profusely for what what must have been a misunderstanding, offered the OP a free training course at Viper, and then proposed a discount scheme for TMBF members who use the training school for training/tests and courses :thumb:

All you've really done now is highlight a thread which would more likely have been missed by everyone else as a poor attempt to try and discredit a someone yet only discredited yourself.

Not quite a Streisand effect but near enough https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect