Brexit.

Smithers

:stupid: Dentists are up there in my top three fears. The one I had when I was a kid was Evil I tells ya, EVIL! :evil:

This was my one small haven I could come to and not get wound up by the constant crap from both sides on Brexit.

Had wisdom tooth out yesterday (been waiting 2 years for removal as 2 dentists couldn't do it ended up as hospital removal) so biscuits are also off the menu :crybaby:

What is everyone's favorite soup?

I'm pretty boring but I Love Tomato... Same that I really enjoy a good Vanilla milkshake, really thick and really sweet (Or Oreo... God I miss Eds Shakes).

In terms of biscuits, I'm pretty addicted to the Foxs Crunch Creams at the mo :love: They are Sooo nice.

I feel your pain , fooking hate dentists , espicailly the bitch who tried to pull one of my teeth last year she should be struck off.

I do too! Charge a fortune and useless! Main delay in this was my dentist didn't want to attempt it because of complications which is understandable and fair play he was honest, but then dentist I was referred to who was supposedly better tried and couldn't then said I'd be referred to hospital but instead of that another dentist decided he wanted to have a go so got called back there for him to try (and fail miserably) before giving up and referring me to hospital.

Funnily enough hospital done it with no issues and really nice dentist. But guarantee she probably earns a fraction of what the private practice ones earn.

:stupid: Dentists are up there in my top three fears. The one I had when I was a kid was Evil I tells ya, EVIL! :evil:

This was my one small haven I could come to and not get wound up by the constant crap from both sides on Brexit.

Had wisdom tooth out yesterday (been waiting 2 years for removal as 2 dentists couldn't do it ended up as hospital removal) so biscuits are also off the menu :crybaby:

I'm pretty boring but I Love Tomato... Same that I really enjoy a good Vanilla milkshake, really thick and really sweet (Or Oreo... God I miss Eds Shakes).

In terms of biscuits, I'm pretty addicted to the Foxs Crunch Creams at the mo :love: They are Sooo nice.

Tomato soup is lovely and what I had last night :D hate tomatoes in general though, just nice in soup and ketchup :lol:

Didn't think about milkshakes! Think I'll have to dig out blender and have an Oreo milkshake, biscuits are back on!!!

I feel your pain , fooking hate dentists , espicailly the bitch who tried to pull one of my teeth last year she should be struck off.

I do too! Charge a fortune and useless! Main delay in this was my dentist didn't want to attempt it because of complications which is understandable and fair play he was honest, but then dentist I was referred to who was supposedly better tried and couldn't then said I'd be referred to hospital but instead of that another dentist decided he wanted to have a go so got called back there for him to try (and fail miserably) before giving up and referring me to hospital.

Funnily enough hospital done it with no issues and really nice dentist. But guarantee she probably earns a fraction of what the private practice ones earn.

Same sort of thing happened to me , she tried to pull it and she hadn't numbed it properly , nearly hit the ceiling and like a fool I let her have another go ....on the second attempt still wasn't numbed properly and you'd of thought she was trying to Excalibur from the stone , was like she didn't have the strength .

got referred to a another dentist , numbed it one yank and it was out .

Tomato soup is lovely and what I had last night :D hate tomatoes in general though, just nice in soup and ketchup :lol:

Didn't think about milkshakes! Think I'll have to dig out blender and have an Oreo milkshake, biscuits are back on!!!

Use a nice Vanilla ice cream and if you have vanilla essence as well, a drop of that helps, then a handful of oreos and milk (I recommend blue lid).

Damn... I really want one now too. :(

Oh OK then. Just thought I'd ask.

XUTmrU5.jpg

In all honesty Smithers, there was a huge thread before the vote and I think everyone had their say in that, for better or worse! :?

It's a really contentious issue which has already divided families up and down the country and this forum especially has people from a huge range of backgrounds, with their own life experiences which may differ drastically from one another.

Effectively the topic is pretty toxic at the moment, no matter how you look at it and I think everyone just wants to avoid it by a very wide margin! :D

Even Theresa May has admitted everyone is fed up with Brexit. At the moment it is just a waiting game as Parliament has a series of votes to try and get a solution.

The only thing that is remotely interesting about Brexit is that never, in the history of Parliament, has anything like this ever happened. So we really are witnessing history that will be as famous as 1066, the Magna Carta, the Great Fire of London and D-Day.

Same sort of thing happened to me , she tried to pull it and she hadn't numbed it properly , nearly hit the ceiling and like a fool I let her have another go ....on the second attempt still wasn't numbed properly and you'd of thought she was trying to Excalibur from the stone , was like she didn't have the strength .

That's what happened with me they couldn't numb tooth, 2nd attempt I was also sedated which is really weird as I know you're not knocked out but have no memory of it. Anyway dentist referred me to hospital as I apparently swung for him when he tried to take it out as it wasn't numbed :lol:

Use a nice Vanilla ice cream and if you have vanilla essence as well, a drop of that helps, then a handful of oreos and milk (I recommend blue lid).

Damn... I really want one now too. :(

I normally use cream of Cornish ice cream in them really nice and creamy... I'll have one for you :thumb:

That's what happened with me they couldn't numb tooth, 2nd attempt I was also sedated which is really weird as I know you're not knocked out but have no memory of it. Anyway dentist referred me to hospital as I apparently swung for him when he tried to take it out as it wasn't numbed :lol:

Yep the sedation used casues short term memory loss. Its usually midazalam. One of the reasons more than one dentist has ended up being secretly filmed molesting patients!

On the plus side when its used for ‘twilight surgery’ (youre awake but only half awake) you dont remember the sounds of ‘orrible things like your bones being sawed through or any crunching noises :D

Yep the sedation used casues short term memory loss. Its usually midazalam. One of the reasons more than one dentist has ended up being secretly filmed molesting patients!

On the plus side when its used for ‘twilight surgery’ (youre awake but only half awake) you dont remember the sounds of ‘orrible things like your bones being sawed through or any crunching noises :D

Well I now have more reasons to be terrified of dentists! Cheers! :seeya:

That's about right. :lol:

Did you see Donald Trump Jr in the news the other day, criticising Theresa May for having ignored his fathers advice on how to negotiate? Perhaps someone should have reminded him what his fathers negotiating skill looks like:

world-us-canada-47007081.png.3ef3d4fd1caa0067158d4f524073966d.png

Liquidise your biscuits. :thumb:

I had an awkward one out about a month ago. My dentist reckoned it would be difficult so referred me to our local hospital. They refused to accept the referral until she'd tried herself, the attitude was that they'd only get involved once she'd tried, broken it and I was in pain. Then they'd out me on a six week triage list!

She suggested a colleague who charged me £125 to remove it but to be fair he got it in one go. His advice was always to get a male dentist to remove men's teeth, especially old farts like me with hardened bones. He wasn't being sexist, his point was that he'd used all his strength to get it out and most female dentists just wouldn't have been strong enough to remove it without complications.

It annoyed me that our local hospital wouldn't do it until my (lady) dentist had broken it. She knew it was beyond her so fair play to her for referring me elsewhere.

I know my teeth are an issue as I got measles when I was a kid and it did some horrible things that I'm still living with. Deformed teeth roots is the least of the problems.

Did you see Donald Trump Jr in the news the other day, criticising Theresa May for having ignored his fathers advice on how to negotiate? Perhaps someone should have reminded him what his fathers negotiating skill looks like:

world-us-canada-47007081.png

I can't find the original source unfortunately, but once I read a piece that analysed the inheritance Trump got, and opined that if he'd invested it in a fund that tracked the stock market he would have made more money.

I had an awkward one out about a month ago. My dentist reckoned it would be difficult so referred me to our local hospital. They refused to accept the referral until she'd tried herself, the attitude was that they'd only get involved once she'd tried, broken it and I was in pain. Then they'd out me on a six week triage list!

She suggested a colleague who charged me £125 to remove it but to be fair he got it in one go. His advice was always to get a male dentist to remove men's teeth, especially old farts like me with hardened bones. He wasn't being sexist, his point was that he'd used all his strength to get it out and most female dentists just wouldn't have been strong enough to remove it without complications.

It annoyed me that our local hospital wouldn't do it until my (lady) dentist had broken it. She knew it was beyond her so fair play to her for referring me elsewhere.

I know my teeth are an issue as I got measles when I was a kid and it did some horrible things that I'm still living with. Deformed teeth roots is the least of the problems.

That's what it felt like that she wasn't strong enough , could of coped with that but with not numbing properly it as well :shock:

Just goes to show some jobs women just shouldn't take on , perhaps a nail technician would suit her better .

Waits for accusations of being sexist

To be fair the dentists that couldn't do mine were all blokes, the hospital dentist was a petite female so I guess technique over brute strength won this time :lol:

Relatively pain free today but then again amount of pain killers I take anyway no real surprise, the stitch is annoying me though as feels like I've got food caught there.

I can't find the original source unfortunately, but once I read a piece that analysed the inheritance Trump got, and opined that if he'd invested it in a fund that tracked the stock market he would have made more money.

Found it [mention]MarkW[/mention]

https://www.vox.com/2015/9/2/9248963/donald-trump-index-fund

http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katestalter/2016/09/01/would-donald-trump-be-better-off-investing-in-stocks/#4b9201a7437b

Found it @MarkW

https://www.vox.com/2015/9/2/9248963/donald-trump-index-fund

http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katestalter/2016/09/01/would-donald-trump-be-better-off-investing-in-stocks/#4b9201a7437b

To be fair, a thread to laugh across the pond at Americas current politics seems far more fun that talking about Brexit. :mrgreen:

Apart from our new US citizen potentially turning up to defend his freedom! :lol:

To be fair, a thread to laugh across the pond at Americas current politics seems far more fun that talking about Brexit. :mrgreen:

Apart from our new US citizen potentially turning up to defend his freedom! :lol:

That would be the greatest thread. Seriously. No thread has ever been greater, believe me. And it would be full of beautiful words. I have the best words.