Brexit.

Smithers

To be fair, a thread to laugh across the pond at Americas current politics seems far more fun that talking about Brexit. :mrgreen:

Apart from our new US citizen potentially turning up to defend his freedom! :lol:

That would be the greatest thread. Seriously. No thread has ever been greater, believe me. And it would be full of beautiful words. I have the best words.

Everyone says so. All other threads are Losers and Haters.

To be fair, a thread to laugh across the pond at Americas current politics seems far more fun that talking about Brexit. :mrgreen:

Apart from our new US citizen potentially turning up to defend his freedom! :lol:

That would be the greatest thread. Seriously. No thread has ever been greater, believe me. And it would be full of beautiful words. I have the best words.

The Donald loves you. :love:

tenor.gif.6b251b9d3be5e263d630bb76798f09f9.gif

tenor.gif

God that's awful :puke: It's like a cats puckered ar*ehole.

Slightly related note, the Parliaments Petition website has been crashing all day (is down at the moment) due to a brexit related petition causing too much traffic! :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

tenor.gif

Slightly related note, the Parliaments Petition website has been crashing all day (is down at the moment) due to a brexit related petition causing too much traffic! :lol:

I say we should just leave the European union on the date shown and be done with it, its not going to cause that much of a problem for us, I think its more that the eu are the more worried party as they will lose a big money provider and without us it would probably collapse

tenor.gif

I say we should just leave the European union on the date shown and be done with it, its not going to cause that much of a problem for us, I think its more that the eu are the more worried party as they will lose a big money provider and without us it would probably collapse

:shock: ....

tenor.gif?itemid=3908936

What's everyone's Fav pies?

To be fair I just love the pastry, short crust or home made puff :mrgreen:

Guest Richzx6r

:shock: ....

tenor.gif?itemid=3908936

What's everyone's Fav pies?

To be fair I just love the pastry, short crust or home made puff :mrgreen:

Hmm how about short crust wrapped in puff

Oh my god! As long as there was a layer of gravy in there to make sure it wasn't going to dry out my whole face, that sounds pretty amazing to me! :mrgreen:

I have to say, one of my favourite low-effort dinner recipes is to use the roll out puff pastry sheet, and then adding a tomato sauce base and building it up like a pizza.

Especially when made with buttery mash, it's sooo good! :love:

tenor.gif

all that tripe

tenor.gif

all that tripe

I will admit I've never eaten I've never tried Tripe, but I really don't think I would like it...

giphy.gif

Guest Richzx6r

Oh my god! As long as there was a layer of gravy in there to make sure it wasn't going to dry out my whole face, that sounds pretty amazing to me! :mrgreen:

I have to say, one of my favourite low-effort dinner recipes is to use the roll out puff pastry sheet, and then adding a tomato sauce base and building it up like a pizza.

Damn gin I think your cooking for me soon

If you're ever down this way, let me know and I'll make it special for you :mrgreen:

Guest Richzx6r

If you're ever down this way, let me know and I'll make it special for you :mrgreen:

Now that is an offer I just cannot turn down :thumb: :mrgreen:

I used to live an hour or so away from you by Stansted airport

Guest Richzx6r

We ate haggis for the first time at the weekend.

I saw a recipe on Saturday kitchen that was like a grated potato and haggis fritter.

Just don't read the ingredients label; :puke:

Sounds bloody horrible....🤮

I’ve had some terrible haggis and some absolutely wonderful haggis. You really need to get hold of a good one to appreciate what it can be like. You want a really good supplier who knows their stuff. The type you buy at the local supermarket doesn’t do haggis justice.

I saw a recipe on Saturday kitchen that was like a grated potato and haggis fritter.

Why do Haggis only live in Scotland , is it not illegal to Hunt them now ?

So long as you use a bow and arrow it’s perfectly legal. But you mustn’t shoot them with any form of firearm. No self respecting haggis hunter would use a firearm anyway but some poachers have been known to do so. The problem arises when you boil them, if they’ve been shot the skin bursts and you’re left with a pan of mush which isn’t nice. Global warming has of course limited their natural habitat but it seems they’re showing signs of adapting and numbers in the wild are on the increase. But you do want a proper wild haggis rather than a farmed one.

I’ve had some terrible haggis and some absolutely wonderful haggis. You really need to get hold of a good one to appreciate what it can be like. You want a really good supplier who knows their stuff. The type you buy at the local supermarket doesn’t do haggis justice.

Ours was from Tesco and it tasted fine but do get what you mean.

We have a local butcher who will probably sell the real deal.

I did ruin a tea towel making the grated potato as you have to squeeze out the excess juice.

The towel was grey afterwards and didn't wash out :oops:

They'll all get sent back to Haggistan after Brexit

See, I already know this is going to be controversial to say... But here goes.

For those people who want to give Haggis a go, but are worried about the ingredients list, Macsween do a tasty vegetarian friendly Haggis which is Looooveeelllyyy :love:

It's only £3, so well worth the risk I think :mrgreen: