Bad taste in music

xMachina

Anyone else have terrible taste in music? I have a tendency to listen to very wide spectrum of music but I think this may have lead to everyone else around me at work thinking I may have lost it. :lol:

Yesterday I was mainly listing to early 90's Norwegian black metal (Mayhem, Burzum, etc, - most people will probably think its just noise - well it is!) but this morning I've got 30's/40's jazz on. Oddly the jazz is getting more funny looks than the black metal! :lol: I think this afternoon we will be heading back to the 90's for some happy hardcore, because its Friday after all.

Got a big country collection, that will be back out once we have some sun. :mrgreen:

Yas! :mrgreen:

BBQs in the sun with country blaring, ahh it's going to be so lovely :love:

Also, when Jay and I last went and did an IKEA run, we saw that IKEA now do a hammock frame and big comfy hammock. I am going to enjoy this summer very much :D

I'm a massive Eurovision fan.

I just love the whole thing and I'm never ashamed to admit it.

I love the technology & co-ordination they need to use to do such a broadcast, and that that's the reason the whole thing started

I love the characters it attracts

I love the bad music

I love the crazy music

I love the good music

I love the props

I love the overuse of the smoke machine

I love the overuse of key changes

I love the foreign lyrics that are bonkers when translated

I love the English lyrics that are just bonkers from the outset

I love the cheesy presenters and bad rehearsed jokes they crack

I love reading social media when it's on, getting slowly more drunk as we go

I love the voting, and doing my own criteria such as best gimmick

I love Jon Ola Sand

I love when other people don't "get it"

I miss Terry though. Graham is alright but there was something about Terry's chuckle throughout it. Also to be fair Graham has it harder to be funny nowadays as you've seen most the crazy already in the semi-finals so it's hard to do wisecracks that are new by the time of the final.

I'm a massive Eurovision fan.

I just love the whole thing and I'm never ashamed to admit it.

I love the technology & co-ordination they need to use to do such a broadcast, and that that's the reason the whole thing started

I love the characters it attracts

I love the bad music

I love the crazy music

I love the good music

I love the props

I love the overuse of the smoke machine

I love the overuse of key changes

I love the foreign lyrics that are bonkers when translated

I love the English lyrics that are just bonkers from the outset

I love the cheesy presenters and bad rehearsed jokes they crack

I love reading social media when it's on, getting slowly more drunk as we go

I love the voting, and doing my own criteria such as best gimmick

I love Jon Ola Sand

I love when other people don't "get it"

I miss Terry though. Graham is alright but there was something about Terry's chuckle throughout it. Also to be fair Graham has it harder to be funny nowadays as you've seen most the crazy already in the semi-finals so it's hard to do wisecracks that are new by the time of the final.

image.jpeg.772f960131a3fa634b804b30a3d8a3fd.jpeg

Anyone else have terrible taste in music? I have a tendency to listen to very wide spectrum of music but I think this may have lead to everyone else around me at work thinking I may have lost it. :lol:

Yesterday I was mainly listing to early 90's Norwegian black metal (Mayhem, Burzum, etc, - most people will probably think its just noise - well it is!) but this morning I've got 30's/40's jazz on. Oddly the jazz is getting more funny looks than the black metal! :lol: I think this afternoon we will be heading back to the 90's for some happy hardcore, because its Friday after all.

The first thing to remember, is that music is very subjective, there's no good or bad, it's matter of personal taste. I have similar quirks to you, that I can listen to everything ranging from, Captain Beefheart's 'Trout mask replica' through to Chopin's Polonaises and everything in between. My best guard in not alienating friends and family is to listen with a decent set of Bluetooth headphones. As for favourite music, it changes from week to week depending on my mood. Currently I'm listening to a lot of Rory Gallagher; Live in Europe flavour of the week at the moment.

:cheers:

The first thing to remember, is that music is very subjective, there's no good or bad, it's matter of personal taste.

My first band as a teenager was The Nun F*ckers. Two of our most popular numbers were 'Anal Intruder' and the surprise hit 'Play My Guitar With a Plastic Lobster' which involved the lead guitarist windmilling power chords with the claw of a plastic lobster liberated from the local fishmongers whilst the singer shoved the microphone in his mouth and screamed.

There is definitely such a thing as bad music. :lol:

The first thing to remember, is that music is very subjective, there's no good or bad, it's matter of personal taste.

My first band as a teenager was The Nun F*ckers. Two of our most popular numbers were 'Anal Intruder' and the surprise hit 'Play My Guitar With a Plastic Lobster' which involved the lead guitarist windmilling power chords with the claw of a plastic lobster liberated from the local fishmongers whilst the singer shoved the microphone in his mouth and screamed.

Not really; because you actually liked doing what you were doing at the time. Maybe later you reflected that it could have been slightly better. I was relieved to read that the singer shoved the mic in his mouth!!

cByi8PL.gif.3b95c9c5949e75874d572d9bff22f3d5.gif

Hopefully the reference isn't lost. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[mention]Saddlebags[/mention] would probably have loved this band :D

@Saddlebags would probably have loved this band :D

We were God-awful! A couple of us were at least properly trained musicians who knew we were shite and that it was just a laugh, but the guitarist was utterly deluded and seriously thought we were going to be the next Sex Pistols. He even gave pompous interviews to local music journalists who couldn't work out if he was being serious or not.

We played some memorable gigs though, including one in a condemned back-street 'pub' that had been closed down by the council where 500 hardcore headbangers turned up and tore the place to pieces shortly before the police piled in, one where someone got stabbed, and one where someone lobbed a dead and semi-decomposed cat at us whilst we were playing.

Ahh - happy days! :D

I go from rock music, to Eminem, to dance music... all in one day 😂

Guest Richzx6r

I go from rock music, to Eminem, to dance music... all in one day 😂

Nothing wrong with that

I have a guy at work who is a "music lover" that I've taken to task more than once for spending more time poking fun at other people's music tastes then talking about what he himself loves. I know which is more constructive.

He's the sort of guy who if you mention a song you like is likely to tell you that the band is a sellout (never understood that) or tell you the song rips off some unknown track he knows.

I have a guy at work who is a "music lover" that I've taken to task more than once for spending more time poking fun at other people's music tastes then talking about what he himself loves. I know which is more constructive.

He's the sort of guy who if you mention a song you like is likely to tell you that the band is a sellout (never understood that) or tell you the song rips off some unknown track he knows.

Worst kind.....

I have a relatively wide taste in music. But at heart I'm an ageing indie kid.

Both my kids are musical and have quite differing tastes.

Music to me should be inclusive and not exclusive. Just cos you read the NME for 30 year straight doesn't mean your opinion of good taste is any better than the bloke who listens to kiss fm.