Nob of the Day.......

Tango

About a month ago I towed my two boats to our new house ready to move them to our new sailing club. The club opened last week so I decided to move the boats this afternoon.

They'd been on our drive for a month just as I'd towed them here so I just hitched up and set off. Which was fine until I got down the road and glanced in the mirror to see one of the launch trolley wheels bouncing down the road.

Someone had removed the clip on that axle so the wheel wasn't secured. No excuse, I should have checked the whole thing before setting off. Imagine if it had hit someone on a bike coming the other way!

I'm normally a bit OCD about towing anything, I'd just assumed it was as I'd left it a few weeks ago.

Guest Richzx6r

About a month ago I towed my two boats to our new house ready to move them to our new sailing club. The club opened last week so I decided to move the boats this afternoon.

They'd been on our drive for a month just as I'd towed them here so I just hitched up and set off. Which was fine until I got down the road and glanced in the mirror to see one of the launch trolley wheels bouncing down the road.

Someone had removed the clip on that axle so the wheel wasn't secured. No excuse, I should have checked the whole thing before setting off. Imagine if it had hit someone on a bike coming the other way!

I'm normally a bit OCD about towing anything, I'd just assumed it was as I'd left it a few weeks ago.

Good thing is it didn't and you have learnt so just another bit of experience

Which was fine until I got down the road and glanced in the mirror to see one of the launch trolley wheels bouncing down the road.

At least the old worn 1" (25.4mm) hitch did not jump off the new 25mm tow ball. So when you stopped at traffic lights the boat did not pull up along side you :shock:.

FYI you can do it the other way round putting new hitch on old tow ball, just becarefull they don't always come off so easily :x

Or it was not 2 wheel nuts that fell off (apparently borrowed where trailer was left), leaving you driving through the wrong part of Manchester (lost) with a wobbly wheel. :| Solution by the way is to take a wheel nut from other side and keep driving :scratch:

You should also becareful if you tow with the mast up even the shortest distance or you disconnect the streets telephones.

:stupid:

Just saying....

Guest Richzx6r

Went Ludlow Castle with my wife, daughters and two sons-in-law, my wife wanted a group photo of us standing on top of a wall. Guess who stepped backwards just as the photo was taken?

I am just a rapidly descending blur.

You just have to post that pic :)

Went Ludlow Castle with my wife, daughters and two sons-in-law, my wife wanted a group photo of us standing on top of a wall. Guess who stepped backwards just as the photo was taken?

It's on my daughter's phone. I'll get her to send it to me when we get home.

Guest Richzx6r

It's on my daughter's phone. I'll get her to send it to me when we get home.

You don't mind us having a giggle at your expense then :thumb:

Me . Desiding to go out for a ride gets me biker gear on sets up the Bluetooth on my phone log it in to intercom. wife wife opened the garage door and I ride out saying won't belong ......... Then the music stops .So i push the button nothing. Turns it off turns it on still no music so I'm half way down the lane an thinking what's wrong with this now aawww it must be low on battery then the wife slaps my right arm music bursts into life shits me right up ..WTF I'm so engrossed in what I'm doing I didn't see her walking down to me !!! you dropped your Phone dumbass !! Do the zip up next time ..

What lesson we learned

...Zip your jacket pocket up..

Honda Africa twin this morning going into Trafford park.

I was on the roundabout, could see him snap a quick look from a joining dual carriageway, we are going to hit if he pulls out, he gives it a burst of acceleration now meaning if I don't slow down I'm going to T-bone him. So I give a quick tap of the brake, so he glides 10 feet in front of me. Then turns out he was in the wrong lane for the direction he was going and was pulling a double nob move.

Judging how clean his bike and gear were, today is one of his first days out for the year, and the rusty ability was clear to see...

I was on the roundabout, could see him snap a quick look from a joining dual carriageway, we are going to hit if he pulls out, he gives it a burst of acceleration now meaning if I don't slow down I'm going to T-bone him. So I give a quick tap of the brake, so he glides 10 feet in front of me. Then turns out he was in the wrong lane for the direction he was going and was pulling a double nob move.

Judging how clean his bike and gear were, today is one of his first days out for the year, and the rusty ability was clear to see...

Was it a red one with panniers and a top box?

Was it a red one with panniers and a top box?

It was! But I reckon that a lot of them come decked out like that. So if you've seen the same thing, it could be the same chap or just another nob :lol:

Me . Desiding to go out for a ride gets me biker gear on sets up the Bluetooth on my phone log it in to intercom. wife wife opened the garage door and I ride out saying won't belong ......... Then the music stops .So i push the button nothing. Turns it off turns it on still no music so I'm half way down the lane an thinking what's wrong with this now aawww it must be low on battery then the wife slaps my right arm music bursts into life shits me right up ..WTF I'm so engrossed in what I'm doing I didn't see her walking down to me !!! you dropped your Phone dumbass !! Do the zip up next time ..

What lesson we learned

...Zip your jacket pocket up..

The number of times I've frantically pulled on zips whilst riding... :(

The idiot at the council who designed this motorcycle parking in the local car park yet has clearly never ridden a motorcycle in their life.

First of all there's the slope. It's steep. It's one way downhill here. The bottom part of the car park is actually flat.

Then there's the slalom that is the stupid bollards that you need to push your bike into. Uphill.

Because at some point when you use this bay, you need to push the bike uphill. Because right behind me here is a long planter to make the car park look pretty and mark the end of the rows of parking bays. So if you ride in forwards (90 degree left full lock turn down hill, tricky) you'll have to push it back up hill to get out (oh, there's a speed bump to the left of the pic too)

If you push it in backwards you need to do a full lock backwards push up hill as it's not wide enough to park the bike across the hill.

All whilst you're doing this the cars are sat waiting patiently behind you....

IMG_20190329_191529.thumb.jpg.3ee340881d76b58d2210a5a110b070e2.jpg

The utter moron in a BMW who just drove down our lane at massive speed. It's a 30 zone with no footpaths so my wife and I were in the road when he comes road a blind bend. He never slowed at all and went round the next blind bend on the wrong side of the road because he was unable to hold the curve at the speed he was doing.

So speed limiters on cars? Bring it on.

ME!

I was leaving a multi storey carpark today when a woman was reversing out of a bay near to the exiting ramp for that floor. I kid you not, she must have taken about 7 or 8 manoeuvres to try and avoid the bit of fencing to the ramp. When she thought all was safe to continue, she swung left to go down the ramp and promptly stove in the rear quarter of her car. I expected her to stop and survey the damage, but instead, she shot off like a scolded cat :lol:

I had my dash cam running the whole time and never thought to save the footage until i got home, by that time, too late :cry:

On reflection it might have bought me bad Karma if I displayed the footage on here. (But I would have taken the risk though)! :twisted:

The old lady who pulled out of a side road in front of me, causing me to brake pretty solidly with the kids in the car, then proceeded to do 20mph in a 50mph area.

I try not to suffer with road rage but she brought me close. I was very grateful when the road opened up and the solid white lines turned back to broken lines and I could overtake her

The old lady who pulled out of a side road in front of me, causing me to brake pretty solidly with the kids in the car, then proceeded to do 20mph in a 50mph area.

I try not to suffer with road rage but she brought me close. I was very grateful when the road opened up and the solid white lines turned back to broken lines and I could overtake her

Funny how quickly you can flip from calm to savage when someone threatens the welfare of loved ones.

Funny how quickly you can flip from calm to savage when someone threatens the welfare of loved ones.

It also worries me when I get the sense someone maybe shouldn't be driving any more. I totally understand the loss of independence but there comes a point family members do have to sit down and have a conversation with a loved one. I only know one person who voluntarily handed in their license when they realised that the roads were just moving too fast for them.