Selling my bike

fastbob

Out of Intrest,

I’m after a gixxer, any photos and details? Or link to the ad?

It's on gumtree and Preloved just Google gsxr 1100 for sale . It's in the for sale section on here . Still getting the hang of my new phone so I'm not sure how to post a link.https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66434#p1031137

Edited by fastbob

Out of Intrest,

Here's some pics , any realistic offer considered. PM me for full details .

wp_ss_20180224_0002.thumb.png.989d563c771aabf943d39d196f0d8cd8.png

Edited by fastbob

100%

Has anyone won the Zimbabwean lottery recently

Yes congratulations you have just won it

To process your win and xpidite the most wonderful gift of joy and fortuitous money we just need your bank account details, oh and your password so we can verify the transfer.

Also a photocopy of your passport, your credit card, your pin number, your car keys and which plant pot you hide your house keys under would be great.

Yours truly

President of Zimbabwe

Out of Intrest,

It's on MCN tomorrow , I'm open to offers though.

Definitely a scam, People surely don't fall for these kind of scams!

I tried selling a motor on Gumtree a few years back & this happened to me, I dont use Gumtree much anymore.

I've got no problems with Gumtree itself, I flogged a pushbike two weeks ago and got the asking price too. I still got a couple of scammers who wanted me to post it to them though . As a buyer I think it's great , I've bought loads of stuff including my ER5 and my touring bicycle.

I've got no problems with Gumtree itself, I flogged a pushbike two weeks ago and got the asking price too. I still got a couple of scammers who wanted me to post it to them though . As a buyer I think it's great , I've bought loads of stuff including my ER5 and my touring bicycle.

royal mail would never get though the letterbox :lol:

hard cash on collection cant beat it

So what's stopping them knocking you over the head and taken the cash and the bike or in today's day stabbing you taken the cash andn the bike ...

It's all a gamble .

:offtopic:

Did any you see the scammer programme on TV about credit card scams these 4 got away with nearly 3million and the most they got was 3 months in jail rest suspended sentances. So if they do Nick your bike what's the chance you ever see it again or get justice for the crime. Wee rant over

Right , the GSXR is on Gumtree, Preloved, Car and Classic , MCN and the next edition of Classic Mechanics. I just don't fancy eBay but can anyone suggest anywhere else I can advertise it ?

Right , the GSXR is on Gumtree, Preloved, Car and Classic , MCN and the next edition of Classic Mechanics. I just don't fancy eBay but can anyone suggest anywhere else I can advertise it ?

Autotrader Bikes is the most likely one, I'd have thought.

Autotrader Bikes is the most likely one, I'd have thought.

I can't actually remember whether I've done this one as well , I'll have to check !

Wow , cheers for the rapid and unanimous response. Suffice to say I haven't given any details away .

Have some fun with them , keep replying with silly questions :thumb:

If they are a seafarer ask them what ship they are on what it does most once asked most seafarers cannot help but tell you...

I had the same selling a boat, the guy was in Nigeria my response was I am actually in NIgeria Lagos at moment will accept Cash USD Euro or GBP funnily enough I never got another message!

At the end of one trip abroad I could not help myself I wanted to look at a boat (and bought) of Gumtree I could not help but do it'

"I am abroad at the moment would like to view your item. what date do you propose?"

"God willing I will be home on by the time you stated if I could please come view, my agent will be with me with cash and transport".

He took some convincing with messages like

"I have flights booked and should be there to inspect item at the time we agreed, my agent is arranging the cash at this time",

"Can you confirm the weight of the item so I can forward to my agent to confirm transportation details",

I never mentioned what the item was or the time in my messages, bless him he was there surprised to find the "agent" was my misses :D I was british and the whole thing was genuine :booty: we paid cash and towed away..

How about taking it to your local dealer to sell it for you?

Unfortunately I haven't got a local dealer. There's nothing in the West Midlands that I know of that would be interested in selling a 26 year old bike .

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking very good . A decent buyer who knows his bikes has been round for a proper look and expressed a strong interest . Watch this space . 🤞🤞🤞🤞

No decision yet , the guy seemed really commited to buying it . Now the anticipation is turning back to gloom again . What's more frustrating is that there are quite a few Harley Roadsters out there within my budget . I never thought it would be this difficult to change bikes . Thank goodness I've still got the little ER to pootle about on. I'll console myself with looking at pictures to keep the dream alive.

harley_davidson__xl1200_r_nr628_2004_2_lgw.jpg.3d948fc0cf363355132431798a2b22c5.jpg