A strapless helmet? Weird.

What do you think? My first reaction is noo I don’t trust it!

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/413249

I'll keep an open mind.. but at first glance, I'm hugely in favour of this.. in case of an accident its extremely simple to remove from the head without risk of disturbing the spine. no cutting tools required.

It has passed ECE 22/05 and now only the UK SHARP test remains to be done.

This has been knocking about for a bit, now - wasn't it originally an Antipodean idea? Anyhow, if it passes the tests, game on! I'd give it a look, at any rate. Wonder if it's easy to fit comms into it - or maybe that's mk. 2. It does seem to get round some of the issues associated with helmet removal in a spinal/cervica injury situation....I've been to a few RTCs where this has been a factor. SCM, what do you think?

Interesting , as a former helmet salesman I used to emphasize that if the chin strap is all that's keeping a helmet on your head then it doesn't fit properly. That said , I don't think that this thing would automatically be a safe fit on every head shape . Looks like design for designe's sake to me , reminds me of Iron Man. Looks like an effort to put it on too.

On the helmet removal accident front it would win hands down.

Depressing as this statement is I would be surprised if anyone knew what they were looking at. Sadly now a lot of our ambulances are mainly fast taxis with flashing lights driven by technicians with little experience or training cos real paramedics are rightly more expensive.

I like the idea of reduced wind noise.

Interesting , as a former helmet salesman I used to emphasize that if the chin strap is all that's keeping a helmet on your head then it doesn't fit properly. That said , I don't think that this thing would automatically be a safe fit on every head shape . Looks like design for designe's sake to me , reminds me of Iron Man. Looks like an effort to put it on too. You wouldn't want to trap your ears in it when you click it shut .

Guest Richzx6r

Interesting , as a former helmet salesman I used to emphasize that if the chin strap is all that's keeping a helmet on your head then it doesn't fit properly. That said , I don't think that this thing would automatically be a safe fit on every head shape . Looks like design for designe's sake to me , reminds me of Iron Man. Looks like an effort to put it on too. You wouldn't want to trap your ears in it when you click it shut .

I think it would be the same with users with longer hair too but the idea if implemented right is good I say

I think it would be the same with users with longer hair too but the idea if implemented right is good I say

Yeah, I thought that too.

Hi

Seen these they have an adjustable chin cup sort of thing. Great idea but found they were quire restrictive on field of vision

No pinlock no bluetooth and very expensive. They are trying to recover the development costs which I should imagine are substantial, but development stopped at the first version which was already out of date when they brought this to market over 12 months ago. As far as I know there has been no further development since. Was invited to an open day but as they would not loan a helmet for a short ride to try out it was a waste of time.

Like the concept but at that price bracket I want at least a pinlock and also a integrated BT option if not already included.

Depressing as this statement is I would be surprised if anyone knew what they were looking at. Sadly now a lot of our ambulances are mainly fast taxis with flashing lights driven by technicians with little experience or training cos real paramedics are rightly more expensive.

That's rather a bleak picture you paint there .

Yeah, I thought that too.

Silk balaclava

That's rather a bleak picture you paint there .

Yep. Sorry.

Hmm, on first glance I wouldn't trust this for the same reason I don't think I could bring myself to have a flip face helmet... :?

Yeah I saw Gerons comment and thought it was a good point I hadn't otherwise noticed, but you're right about whether in an accident the people attending you would know this.

I know there's a scorpion helmet which has small cushions which you inflate once the helmets on to improve the fit, which on the side have messages about "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Deflate with this button!" but I've always wondered if they'd actually be noticed or trusted in a real accident.

I do like that the UK Ambulance service train up any new recruits to be fully qualified paramedics over time, but you're right, with all the funding cuts there's a lot of technicians on the ground in the queue for training :(