Navigation apps

Bought an Ultimate Addons handlebar phone mount yesterday from the Manchester bike show, tried it out for a quick ride yesterday and it works well. Now I’m looking for a recommendation of a good navigation app to use whilst riding and preferably one I can upload a route to before I go out so I don’t have to mess around with it whilst I’m out if this exists?

Tia

CoPilotGPS

I used it to get me around and back from Germany (with the downloaded maps) I think the UK is free. I had no problems at all with it. I have a dedicated Sat Nav now, but I still have it installed on my iPhone and use it occasionally. I think it’s one of the best for phones.

https://copilotgps.com/en-gb/

I use Google maps, it now includes speed cameras. Also I was looking at the route to Portsmouth yesterday and I think it downloaded all the data and instructions, it was 30 odd Mb anyway.

It's also very quick to find places, the Tom Tom is terrible for that :|

Don't phone apps use up your data ?

Yep but there are some very generous deals around at the moment . O2 do 25 Gig for £20 I think and I believe Tesco do 50 Gig for £30 .

Thanks guys I’ll have to check them all out, data isn’t an issue I’ve got a company phone with unlimited everything just want to be able to create a route easily and then go and follow it! Main problem is I tend to just go out and ride the same roads all the time so looking to spread my riding area.