Challenge 2019 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

Had a run through Fife today - planning to visit Cupar Motorcycles, Crail Raceway and Knockhill.

Managed a photo at Cupar M/Cs, then on to Crail Raceway where I got a photo before being chased because the army was on exercise there ! When I got to Knockhill I discovered that I had forgotten to remove my number 71 before scuttling off from Crail. :oops:

On the plus side, I found the entrance to a secret bunker :

DSCN1554.thumb.JPG.a14eb66678d75ab64c8ae2adfccbf9c5.JPG

Scotland's Secret Bunker !

A bit of a jaunt today then @S-Westerly? Bristol, WSM and Yeovil

Indeed, I'd installed a new TomTom 550 this morning so then I just had to test it out. Plus I needed some engine oil and I can't get 15W50 up here so went to my dealership to get some. When I actually got the bike on flat ground it only needed 100ml but better to have it than not.

[mention]Hoggs[/mention] Picture challenge on Grumpy old Git's Goodwood picture.....neither himself or his bike is in the photo :popcorn:

judges ruling required!

@Hoggs Picture challenge on Grumpy old Git's Goodwood picture.....neither himself or his bike is in the photo :popcorn:

judges ruling required!

OOOOOH!!!!!!!

But judge rules fine because I'm pretty chilled about the whole thing :lol:

@JRH when you did the onyerbike tags you were only a stones throw from my house, if I would of known I would of come to meet you

Bit of a last minute thing for me. @speedy23 dragged me along to watch him having a test ride on a Guzzi 85.

@JRH when you did the onyerbike tags you were only a stones throw from my house, if I would of known I would of come to meet you

Bit of a last minute thing for me. @speedy23 dragged me along to watch him having a test ride on a Guzzi 85.

Didn’t fancy a go yourself or is that too dangerous £££ :lol:

Didn’t fancy a go yourself or is that too dangerous £££ :lol:

Just going to the place was too dangerous £££. ZZR1400, VERSYS 1000, Z1000SX I’m just hooked on inline 4’s.

I sort of liked the V85 crept for the colours, a bit too much in your face for me.

The panniers were too much of a stretch for me. Think along the lines of the horse mounting steps you get outside of stately homes. That’s what you need to get on this bike.

Hi, @Hoggs , will you allow me 10pts if I post this as pic of Brands Hatch 🤔.

Yes! Mainly because you look really naughty in it and it made me smile!

Haha, cheers for that, wish I had the number with me, when I got the top step 👍

IMG_20190327_134753821.thumb.jpg.3c7542eb65bde3f90859ae98f7a2c935.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Has any one noticed that this year there seems to be a very important tag missing from the list this year unless it was a tag in previous years but what about the national motorcycle museum :crybaby:

And before anyone thinks otherwise I’ll say that [mention]Hoggs[/mention] has done an excellent job on the tags as finding places of interest in Wales was a challenge in itself :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly does this count as a tag location? I guess you know when you have bene round bikes to long when you would not give the dealer 50' behind you the credit of a picture for 10 points in this Challenge....

However the coffee shop is worth a cheeky punt... PS if your going to a dealer in 3 X its the next road back ;) Coffee £2.00

legacey.thumb.jpg.6adf1c7d298825b28d3e4a0cec7219c5.jpg

Top Tip for those tagging Sammy Millers there is a far to Polite bunch of bikers that meet on Tuesday meaning you can bring your bike into the courtyard...

Sammies.thumb.jpg.607d89936baabbcacc3c710a1e07391d.jpg

I figured I would pop back another day.

This year I have been really Slack normally I have claimed all the points I am going to and spend the summer doing other stuff.... This year I have ridden past 3 tags and several dealers and not claimed one of them :shock:

Looking to change that soon....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see [mention]oldgrump[/mention] is going the extra mile ( see what I did there ) to put some decent numbers on the challenge board

Good effort :salute: :salute: