Brexit.

Smithers

Was listening to Radio 5 live phone in this morning - Some nutter called in and after a sensible start proceeded to say that some prophet in the bible had foretold that we must leave Europe.

Surely the Leave camp have enough rabid foaming at the mouth,swivel eyed, closet racists to discredit them without that kind of endorsement 😂😂

I've become very centralised on this issue, as I just see two groups of people behaving very badly.

There are bad leavers, bad remainers. Put them together you have a room of bitter racists, undemocratic ar*eholes no one in the middle of these groups would associate with. Yet they have the spotlight in the media.

I put it to a staunch Labour supporter recently, imagine if Corbyn won an election, but there was a 2 year process to get him in, and then people who don't want him in were left to negotiate how he took over, screwed it all up fighting amongst themselves, causing disruption to the markets as a result, and then blamed him despite the fact he's not seen a single day in office. Would they still want him in? The answer was yes. And my reply is "now you know why leavers aren't changing their minds, they've never seen the option they voted for realised".

This isn't "Brexit". This is politicians screwing things up as per usual, and stirring the people against each other.

By the numbers, the French and German economies are in trouble, with Italy facing a real crisis at the moment.

The media says "UK growth slowest since 2012". What they don't say is we're the only economy that's really growing out of the big EU players, and there has been a global slow down.

I don't really care either way if we leave or remain. As both options in my view will require a lot of work so that it isn't a disaster.

I put it to a staunch Labour supporter recently, imagine if Corbyn won an election, but there was a 2 year process to get him in, and then people who don't want him in were left to negotiate how he took over, screwed it all up fighting amongst themselves, causing disruption to the markets as a result, and then blamed him despite the fact he's not seen a single day in office. Would they still want him in? The answer was yes. And my reply is "now you know why leavers aren't changing their minds, they've never seen the option they voted for realised".

:stupid: said exactly same thing the other day...Screenshot_20190326-110404_Twitter.thumb.jpg.02f342950be06a8fb9a25bdff3b95dd3.jpg

Tbh I just want it over with now, I voted leave and still sick to it and funnily enough it was never for blue passports or racism, I'm not an oap or stupid. I know farage never had the power to give more money to the NHS and my vote was for leave, not leave with a deal or any other of the options remainers believe leavers actually voted for.

It's also disgusting how the media have twisted things to reflect their own viewpoint especially the BBC, a recent example was the revoke petition and BBC put up a 'tech' article saying that it's totally impossible to have multiple votes in petition as you need unique email... Anyone with slightest technical knowledge knows it would be simple up setup temporary emails and with a bit of time you could easily setup a script to vote, retrieve email and visit link automatically... Now not saying that has happened but don't treat us like idiots and say it's impossible.

Now I've bitten :evil: can we get back to biscuits now?

Tbh I just want it over with now, I voted leave and still sick to it and funnily enough it was never for blue passports or racism, I'm not an oap or stupid. I know farage never had the power to give more money to the NHS and my vote was for leave, not leave with a deal or any other of the options remainers believe leavers actually voted for.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your reasons?

And do you still think No Deal is the best outcome?

It's also disgusting how the media have twisted things to reflect their own viewpoint especially the BBC, a recent example was the revoke petition and BBC put up a 'tech' article saying that it's totally impossible to have multiple votes in petition as you need unique email... Anyone with slightest technical knowledge knows it would be simple up setup temporary emails and with a bit of time you could easily setup a script to vote, retrieve email and visit link automatically... Now not saying that has happened but don't treat us like idiots and say it's impossible.

I'm going to guess your reasons for wanting to leave, as these are views I hold. I love europe, the countries, people, and I think we should have a good and fair trade agreement with them... BUT...

I hate the EU commission.

A cohort of over bureaucratic, undemocratic, unaccountable, tax haven promoting (Looking at you Juncker) politicians?

The BBC have been appalling with that piece, as you don't have to go far to find out that the petition has *thousands* of signatures originating from Russia... Where's the news story about that? I look at the situation with Trump and the collusion, and here it seems immaterial that other nations are messing around. It's scary stuff.

I'm going to guess your reasons for wanting to leave, as these are views I hold. I love europe, the countries, people, and I think we should have a good and fair trade agreement with them... BUT...

I hate the EU commission.

A cohort of over bureaucratic, undemocratic, unaccountable, tax haven promoting (Looking at you Juncker) politicians?

The BBC have been appalling with that piece, as you don't have to go far to find out that the petition has *thousands* of signatures originating from Russia... Where's the news story about that? I look at the situation with Trump and the collusion, and here it seems immaterial that other nations are messing around. It's scary stuff.

On the one hand, I respect your views. On the other, I have noticed a chronic shortage of Ginger Cake in all my local supermarkets, and if this turns out to have anything to do with Brexit I'll be coming to get you. :evil:

...as you don't have to go far to find out that the petition has *thousands* of signatures originating from Russia...

Not that I think you're being hyperbolic, but could you supply a source for this?

I can find something from the Express which seems to have come from Farage asking for an inquiry into it.

The Mirror then covers this.

I mean here is the BBCs discussion of it.

Even from the base data from the petition website, there's only been 156 signatures linked to Russian addresses.

I like dressing as a lady and eu sizes fit me better... will dresses be more expensive once we leave or will I have to make my own ?

We're going back to war time where you have to stitch your clothes out of Potato sacks; hadn't you heard yet? :lol:

I only have images sorry.

54435360_2236217616455280_1914569379719151616_n.jpg

General attitude is more...

Do you want a blow job?

Yes.

But it will be from her and she's ugly hah hah.

Actually I think she's pretty so I still want a blow job.

Omfg you're such an idiot can't you see how messed up that is, she's going to give you aids and you're going to die then you'll give it to your kids and they will all die you stupid c***.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your reasons?

And do you still think No Deal is the best outcome?

To be honest far too much to go on a post and stick to my original comment that biscuits are far more the sort of discussions to be held on this forum. It is as bad as religion everyone has their views that won't change and already enough hate to go around on Twitter and rest of the internet, we are all here because we love bikes and biscuits let's not split the forum over something that lets face it no one here will be able to change the outcome of.

my vote was for leave, not leave with a deal or any other of the options remainers believe leavers actually voted for.

It's still more complicated/nuanced than that though.

My friend was and still is a staunch leave voter.

But he's aghast by the idea of leaving with no deal. He always envisaged a trade deal completed as we exit and a relatively smooth transition.

Just as an example. Because yes I also have friends who are "just leave".

People voted leave for different reasons, people voted remain for different reasons. It's a complicated thing that was always going to be messy with a binary vote. Especially when there was a few percentage points in it either way. I can't think of any outcome that will actually keep many people happy based on their initial vote.

Anyway, with this post I'm breaking my rule about trying not to debate this on the internet/this forum so will duck out again. But whatever anyone does, please don't ask me what the solution to all this mess is that will keep a large chunk of this country happen, because I simply don't know. I'm not sure anyone does.

Anyway, with this post I'm breaking my rule about trying not to debate this on the internet/this forum so will duck out again. But whatever anyone does, please don't ask me what the solution to all this mess is that will keep a large chunk of this country happen, because I simply don't know. I'm not sure anyone does.

That is the main issue, it's a complex problem compounded by a yes/no vote split by a small margin.

Coupled with MPs using the crisis to push their own agenda.

The answer is... Are wagon wheels biscuits or chocolate confectionary?

I only have images sorry.

54435360_2236217616455280_1914569379719151616_n.jpg

General attitude is more...

Do you want a blow job?

Yes.

But it will be from her and she's ugly hah hah.

Actually I think she's pretty so I still want a blow job.

Omfg you're such an idiot can't you see how messed up that is, she's going to give you aids and you're going to die then you'll give it to your kids and they will all die you stupid c***.

More:

Do you want racier Sex?

Yes!

Well the government are trying to decide between a threesome, or you getting pegged, also the other person in the threesome is undecided yet. There is the option to just to back to vanilla missionary.

Well, can we have a choice of which we pick?

No! That's undemocratic, you wanted racier sex and if that means bending over and taking one for England, you'll bloody well do it!

To be honest far too much to go on a post and stick to my original comment that biscuits are far more the sort of discussions to be held on this forum. It is as bad as religion everyone has their views that won't change and already enough hate to go around on Twitter and rest of the internet, we are all here because we love bikes and biscuits let's not split the forum over something that lets face it no one here will be able to change the outcome of.

Ok I completely understand and respect your decision to bow out. Here if you ever do want to chat it out.

I have a Wispa for lunch, I bloody love them and I've no idea why because their just dairy milks with holes in.

Also bought crunchies recently for the first time in years, forgot how good they were.

Finally, Yes this is all chocolate and not specifically biscuits but it's creme egg season! :mrgreen:

WHAT ABOUT MY F*CKING GINGER CAKE!

Yup - 5 years on this forum and I've only just realised I can change font colours and size.

f**k That. Have a Creme Egg!

cce_19_single.jpg

On the one hand, I respect your views. On the other, I have noticed a chronic shortage of Ginger Cake in all my local supermarkets, and if this turns out to have anything to do with Brexit I'll be coming to get you. :evil:

I'm not a leaver just to clarify.

I was on the fence, and as the card didn't have a "reform/disband EU commission" option, I was conflicted as we'd need to remain to arguably achieve those things. Whereas leaving hurts the EU economically, so could force the change.

My main gripe with brexit is the media. Take the petition, One source screaming "fake signatures", one screaming "Site crashed to slow petition". It's right vs left wing.

The BBC claims impartiality, but often tilts to the left. Not an issue as such as my love of the NHS and the idea of elderly care mean I have a lot of left leaning ideals, but for a news source claiming to be impartial it creates a bit of an issue for me.

I sent this around the office a week or two ago. It shows that whilst clearly made by a remainer, the message about media seems shared with the brexiteers, and I'll let the issue lie there :lol:

trhqljog5qk21.jpg

The whole Europe situation is more than yes/no, all the analogies are from your views and personal circumstances along with your view of how it may turn out (you/your in general not picking on anyone specifically) and another one to add to it... Going down to a cellar in the night during a thunderstorm and bulb is blown... Some people may see that as absolutely horrific and scary and anyone willing to go down there is stupid, others may see it as nothing and any fears are made up and not going down is idiotic. At the end of the day no-one knows if there is a serial killer hiding down there and what view was right will only be confirmed once the decision is made.

Now there are factors that can estimate the outcome, again mostly from own experience, if you have a love of horror films you are likely to be on the not go down there side etc...

Now you could say well I know up here is safe, so status quo is perfect so I'll stay here, that don't stop the status quo changing and if there is a serial killer down there he don't come up the stairs.

All that Brexit will be is what it is now, a country divided over a yes/no tick box, there was no option to get a torch before you head down into cellar, there's no option to not go down the cellar and not stay in house either and goto pub, it all boiled down to everyone's opinions divided to yes/no. The future regarding this will be full of hind sight, if we leave then every bad thing that happens will be blamed on leaving EU just as if we stay in then everything will be because we stayed.

I have a Wispa for lunch, I bloody love them and I've no idea why because their just dairy milks with holes in.

Also bought crunchies recently for the first time in years, forgot how good they were.

Finally, Yes this is all chocolate and not specifically biscuits but it's creme egg season! :mrgreen:

Now this fits in perfectly and from previous posts you are obviously passionate about remaining as I am about leaving, we could either spend hours arguing over specific reasons and at the end neither change our view and end up disliking each other.

Or we can say Brexit has caused enough issues already affecting everyone and I bloody love wispas as well and think they are king of chocolates! And people who prefer Twix aren't going to be rude to us because they think a wispa is alright as well just as I don't mind a Twix now and then.

WHAT ABOUT MY F*CKING GINGER CAKE!

Yup - 5 years on this forum and I've only just realised I can change font colours and size.

Everyone knows gingers primarily live in Scotland and will continue to provide their cakes to the UK (unless they have another independence vote).

Now this fits in perfectly and from previous posts you are obviously passionate about remaining as I am about leaving, we could either spend hours arguing over specific reasons and at the end neither change our view and end up disliking each other.

Or we can say Brexit has caused enough issues already affecting everyone and I bloody love wispas as well and think they are king of chocolates! And people who prefer Twix aren't going to be rude to us because they think a wispa is alright as well just as I don't mind a Twix now and then.

I've always liked you and knowing you love Wispas only reinforces that :mrgreen:

Worlds going to hell in a handbasket no matter what, may as well have chocolate as we burn!

WHAT THE f**k IS GOING ON HERE!?

I mean come on get your shit together [mention]Via[/mention] and [mention]Gin[/mention].. we all know Mint Wispas are the absolute king of chocolate bars.