Unzipped Pocket

onesea

<t>How Many of you have lost your phone/ wallet/ house keys due to unzipped pocket</t>  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How Many of you have lost your phone/ wallet/ house keys due to unzipped pocket

• Phone
    • Wallet
    • Keys
    • I am a good boy/ girl never lost a thing.

That’s only on the bike in everyday life many times, including things like my engagement ring :oops:

Well.... Shit! :shock:

Stupid question, but what did you do next?

That’s only on the bike in everyday life many times, including things like my engagement ring :oops:

Well.... Shit! :shock:

Stupid question, but what did you do next?

Went back to the supermarket where I heard ‘something’ drop on the floor and asked there (no joy) after which would frequently be overwhelmed with the idea it must be somewhere and would turn everything upside down looking for it. Mr Slowly was very nice about it and bought me another one almost exactly the same and I’ve never told him but whenever I look at it I’m reminded I lost the original :(

My advice to anyone who loses something like that would be to try not replace it straight away and when you do attach it to an event or something nice like a holiday or trip somewhere so when you look at it it’s associated with joy rather than sadness.

My dads mate had a pair of waterproof over trousers on was riding to Spain , put his cash in trouser pocket underneath , or so he thought , lost about 400 Euro’s , it all blew out :lol:

I went to a work thing in London last year so rode my 125 to the train station and hopped on a train to Paddington.

Got off the train and started to walk the 20 minutes or so to the venue (no rush and it was a beautiful day). Halfway there I checked my rucksack, no idea why.... only to find the back pocket was wide open and due to the way the pocket was designed I had lost:

- my work ID badge

- my credit cards

- my return train ticket

- my motorbike keys

- the keys for my chain and disc lock

Ran back to Paddington, looking along the road and pavement as I went just in case. Got back to the station and luckily someone had handed the lot in to lost property, other than the train ticket (although that was the least of my worries). Phew.

I constantly get five minutes down the road and can't remember if I zipped the top pocket on my Kriega bag that's on my pillion seat. I keep trying to make a mental note to make it one of the last things I double check before I throw my leg over the seat.

Many years ago Mrs S-westerly and I were dining out at a rather nice restaurant with the usual subdued lighting. Half way through the meal she realised that the diamond was missing from her engagement ring. Cue massive panic and the staff switching on all the lights and them, us and the other customers crawling around on our hands and knees looking for the damned thing. Never found it though. :(

Many years ago Mrs S-westerly and I were dining out at a rather nice restaurant with the usual subdued lighting. Half way through the meal she realised that the diamond was missing from her engagement ring. Cue massive panic and the staff switching on all the lights and them, us and the other customers crawling around on our hands and knees looking for the damned thing. Never found it though. :(

Nooooo that’s miserable. I suppose you went and got a new diamond cut? Ouch ££££

Touch wood never lost anything from open pocket, did go through a stage of leaving house keys at work though and not realising till I got home and 3-4 hour round trip to get them back or sit on doorstep for an hour or two. Ended up getting another key cut and kept it in wallet :lol:

Miserable at the time and made for a memorable wedding anniversary! 20 odd years later though we laugh about it. All these folks scrabbling around on the carpet looking for the diamond which was not exactly the Kohinoor...

Mid Feb was in car and noticed in the other lane a line of bits n bobs and then what looked like a wallet, was contemplating turning round when I noticed a young chap on a bike riding slowly back along towards said items no doubt his belongings.

He had a small backpack that was wide open down one side, hopefully he got the important stuff picked up.

Mid Feb was in car and noticed in the other lane a line of bits n bobs and then what looked like a wallet, was contemplating turning round when I noticed a young chap on a bike riding slowly back along towards said items no doubt his belongings.

He had a small backpack that was wide open down one side, hopefully he got the important stuff picked up.

Reminded me of this, old but still funny...

https://youtu.be/xCDnOCS3c1o

All this talk of engagement rings and lost stones. A friend of the family arranged my fiance's engagement ring.

He wanted to have it exposed, held by claws. I pointed out our life style, it cost me a bigger stone but no claws and in a rather robust set...

I had to stop last night as I had an overwhelming fear that I’d left my keys hanging in my top box. Turns out I hadn’t, but was a bit worried for a couple of minutes.

Think I've lost / forgotten things plenty of times, have done similar with top box and only after I got off bike to check remembered top box key is on keyring next to ignition key I just pulled out :roll:

Also everything goes in specific pocket so I tend to notice things missing, but did get back on a train to search carriage for my phone after I noticed it weren't in pocket as I was getting off... Didn't realise until after I told person I was on phone to that I can't find it :lol:

Yesterday I was leaving the supermarket and quietly disapproving of the car parked completely skew whiff next to me (you know that angle that allows them to get out of their car easily but leaves you a slither to get into yours) when I spy a massively fat wallet and phone on the top of the car.

I sit there for a moment trying to persuade myself it’s fine they’ll be back for it in a moment but eventually have to give in to the thought it’s very obvious and ripe for the thieving so I start to take it back to the shop. I get through the first doors which have people flooding out but one man has that look of fear in his eyes so I hold the wallet out in front of me (cos if it’s his he’ll recognise it) and he marches right passed. I say loudly

“Have you lost your wallet” and he does a pirouette that would make Nureyev very jealous.

“OMG thankyou, how did you know it was me?”

“I recognised the ‘oh sh*t’ look”

Causes a very particular facial expression doesnt it? A fearful panicked look in the eye but the whole face is motionless while the funny little monkey brain desperately tries to process and prioritise every concievable outcome for where the lost item could be. Most amusing..... until it’s my turn :D