Odd salute?

Pbassred

Today I was in fuel save mode:- slightly aero tuck and backed off to 60 - 65 (because .... I dunno). However you see more bikes that way. A couple went past and waved their hand and then this one guy goes past and dangles his leg about 30mm off the ground.

What? :scratch:

The leg wave is common in mainland Europe.

Yes, they used to give a really cool, casual wave with the left hand, but you now get a leg dangle when they pass. I have taken to doing the same when cars / trucks give way too - drivers in Europe will understand motorcycle conventions, unlike most in this country.

the only other drivers who wave at each other is motorhome owners

And land rover owners (series and older discoveries) classic wagon drivers bus drivers there is a fair few

The leg wave is common in mainland Europe.

This! and the left hand wave

When we go abroad a mate of ours sometimes joins us as he lives in Holland he goes mad at us telling us to stop looking like nodding dogs :lol:

Beetle and VW camper owners do a big " VW " that I think involves both hands , bloody dangerous .

In the Hebrides you raise one finger from the steering wheel or handle bars as a gesture of thanks when someone has given way to you on a single track road with passing places .

If you visit one of the Hebridean Islands and the remotest parts of Scotland, everyone waves at each other. It is the sheer excitement of seeing another driver, having possibly gone for hours without seeing anyone at all.

Today I was in fuel save mode:- slightly aero tuck and backed off to 60 - 65 (because .... I dunno). However you see more bikes that way. A couple went past and waved their hand and then this one guy goes past and dangles his leg about 30mm off the ground.

What? :scratch:

Probably just had cramp .

If you visit one of the Hebridean Islands and the remotest parts of Scotland, everyone waves at each other. It is the sheer excitement of seeing another driver, having possibly gone for hours without seeing anyone at all.

Just beat me to it !

In the Hebrides you raise one finger from the steering wheel or handle bars as a gesture of thanks when someone has given way to you on a single track road with passing places .

I posted my response as you posted yours. On Islay all the fingers are shown and on Tiree it is just the index finger.

Beetle and VW camper owners do a big " VW " that I think involves both hands , bloody dangerous .

This made me chuckle... alot! 😂

I can't even do it !

de4fd0557310bfb783566a57eeadd74f.thumb.jpg.03efbf447d8e1ba26d6675997c5aa5cc.jpg

I can't even do it !

Time you'd managed to do that you would of passed each other or crashed :lol:

are you sure they are waving, and not just shaking their legs because they didn't stop to have a proper slash, just had a google out of curiosity, and you can get a type of urinal with a tube that goes down the leg,

are you sure they are waving, and not just shaking their legs because they didn't stop to have a proper slash, just had a google out of curiosity, and you can get a type of urinal with a tube that goes down the leg,

It's called a catheter and piss bag but they are not usually worn out of choice.

I can't even do it !

thats OUTRAGEOUS! i would die of laughter if i sor VDub owners try this out 😂

I can't even do it !

thats OUTRAGEOUS! i would die of laughter if i sor VDub owners try this out 😂

My mate who had a VW Camper used to do it . I never saw exactly what he did because I was probably looking to see what we were about to crash into .