Street Triple + Yoshi + baffle

learningtofly

I realise that I might get panned for this, but I've had to put the baffle in my new Yoshi exhaust. Aside for fearing a revolt from the neighbours, I was finding that - at low revs - the rumble was reverberating inside my helmet and was actually unpleasant. No problems at speed, but as I ride a lot in town it just wasn't working for me.

Anyway, the baffle has now been installed, and it still sounds pretty good, as you can see

... thoughts?

On the funny side, I had a feeling that if I did it myself I'd drop the securing bolt inside the end cap. What do you think happened when the nice man at Triumph set about doing it as a very quick favour? Yes, in it went, and the bike ended up in the workshop with the can off :lol:

I realise that I might get panned for this, but I've had to put the baffle in my new Yoshi exhaust. Aside for fearing a revolt from the neighbours, I was finding that - at low revs - the rumble was reverberating inside my helmet and was actually unpleasant. No problems at speed, but as I ride a lot in town it just wasn't working for me.

Anyway, the baffle has now been installed, and it still sounds pretty good, as you can see

... thoughts?

On the funny side, I had a feeling that if I did it myself I'd drop the securing bolt inside the end cap. What do you think happened when the nice man at Triumph set about doing it as a very quick favour? Yes, in it went, and the bike ended up in the workshop with the can off :lol:

Welcome to commonsenseville. Sometimes, pipes are so loud, they're just a pain in the ass. I don't really see how a loud pipe can "save lives" when it's been rammed up yer jaxy by an aggrieved neighbour........just sayin'. :thumb:

Maybe save your life but definitely destroys your hearing. I had Leo vince on my previous bike it was extremely loud than I swap it for alrapovic and it was ok.

But for any touring I will stay with oem pipe

I used to have a low level Zard pipe without a baffle on my old 1050 Speedtriple, used to love the noise on acceleration and banging and spitting flames on the overrun.

Then I let a mate ride it Round the block, FFS it was loud, and as he slowed to turn in at the top of the road, and sure enough ‘💥 💥💥💥💥

I flinched and a small kid walking with his Mum burst into tears.

Next day I ordered a baffle & then got a proper tune loaded.

I used to have a low level Zard pipe without a baffle on my old 1050 Speedtriple, used to love the noise on acceleration and banging and spitting flames on the overrun.

Then I let a mate ride it Round the block, FFS it was loud, and as he slowed to turn in at the top of the road, and sure enough ‘💥 💥💥💥💥

I flinched and a small kid walking with his Mum burst into tears.

Next day I ordered a baffle & then got a proper tune loaded.

Sounds just right pré baffle

If I'm quite honest , even the straight through can on my little ER5 is starting to get on my nerves a bit . I'm not worried about my hearing because I always wear ear plugs but it's just starting to be a little bit embarrassing . I think I need something in between standard , which is massive, weighs a ton and is far too quiet and a "race" can .