Protection

Budget around £500, £150 ish for helmet, then rest for clothing etc, but that is just to get me on the road for the summer, don't mind getting better later in the year,

If you're a medium, I can let you have a very lightly used one of these at a nice cheap price - let me know if you're interested.

armr-moto_textile-jacket_eyoshi_black-blue.jpg

Cheers for the offer, but would be very tight and with my belly sticking out would look like i'm wearing a crop top, and i wouldn't even let my worst enemy see that, would damage them for life :crybaby:

Cheers for the offer, but would be very tight and with my belly sticking out would look like i'm wearing a crop top, and i wouldn't even let my worst enemy see that, would damage them for life :crybaby:

Gahhhh...... crop top, don't even need to see it, the thought's enough! :puke:

There again, can't be as bad as builder's crack!

But seriously, bike gear is a lot like a parachute..... if you are wearing it and you don't use it, so what?

But if you aren't wearing it and you need it........? :(

Gahhhh...... crop top, don't even need to see it, the thought's enough! :puke:

There again, can't be as bad as builder's crack!

But seriously, bike gear is a lot like a parachute..... if you are wearing it and you don't use it, so what?

But if you aren't wearing it and you need it........? :(

cheers Speedy, now i have the helmet, will see if i can get similar colour scheme for the rest of the gear, i was originally going to colour coordinate with the bike brown/cream but that is a no go for now, will save that as a treat for when i get full licence, nothing like an incentive :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ATGATT these days........but when I started biking a lot of this gear didn't exist..... :wink:

Yep, used to be helmet, leather gloves, donkey jacket, jeans & Doc’s.

I'm ATGATT these days........but when I started biking a lot of this gear didn't exist..... :wink:

Yep, used to be helmet, leather gloves, donkey jacket, jeans & Doc’s.

I actually had a Belstaff jacket......before they were trendy!..... :wink: :lol: :lol: Then went upmarket and bought a rockers style leather jacket.......jeans and cowboy boots......but have always had full face lids..... :wink:

Last Saturday some dipshit riding a very large bike in front of me pulled a wheely (way over the speed limit) down a busy main road. When his wheel came down it must have been mere inches from the car in front. He was dressed in t-shirt, jogging bottoms and trainers :shock:

I have an old wax cotton trialmaster suit but it doesn't fit me anymore and they are a frightening price now :shock:

A what?

yea i got it in about 1997 and used it to ride to work it was made by belstaff

Guest Richzx6r

I have an old wax cotton trialmaster suit but it doesn't fit me anymore and they are a frightening price now :shock:

A what?

yea i got it in about 1997 and used it to ride to work it was made by belstaff

It looks very.....vintage:)

Last Saturday some dipshit riding a very large bike in front of me pulled a wheely (way over the speed limit) down a busy main road. When his wheel came down it must have been mere inches from the car in front. He was dressed in t-shirt, jogging bottoms and trainers :shock:

he will learn in the near future that gravel rash hurts