One year anniversary

SometimesSansEngine

So exactly one year ago I arrived at the industrial park to do my CBT. For a lot of the day it rained, by the road ride I was pretty cold but I got my little pink certificate.

A week later I picked my 125 up. The dealer would have delivered but I would have had to have waited a few more weeks. I couldn't be bothered to wait. But I did plot the most convoluted route out of the town centre that avoided anything too busy, complicated or hilly.

Despite very much being a middle aged man I didn't tell my parents as I thought my mum would worry. They had the kids all that easter week and when dropping them off she spotted the motorbike and asked if it was mine. When I said yes but I hadn't told her so she didn't worry she said "well you ride everywhere on your bicycle so I'm sure you'll be safe on that".

Anyway, I slowly got my head around the Honda and used it for the odd commute to work, for a charity ride out and the odd jolly too. Before I knew it I fancied getting my full licence. Then became another whole new chapter of the story with all the frustrations but then also happiness as I passed my mod 1 & 2 and managed to find a great bike on eBay a few days later and snapped it up.

Things I've learnt? It's pretty expensive. I'm lucky that I can generally chuck a bit of money at all this although I definitely haven't yet saved money. I could have done it cheaper in a few places but when I tried more expensive kit on I knew it felt more comfortable, and whilst I didn't get a budget bike I know it's in good nick.

And the other thing, this has been a great source of advice and encouragement :3some: Yes we are cranky buggers at each other sometimes on here and we don't all see eye to eye but I know that two people can be needling each other on one thread, yet on another one will be happily and freely giving them some advice on a problem.

Here's to the next 12 months :cheers:

Guest Richzx6r

Congrats on surviving your first year sans and I hope you enjoy many more still, it's not the cheapest hobby/lifestyle but it is certainly the best

So exactly one year ago I arrived at the industrial park to do my CBT. For a lot of the day it rained, by the road ride I was pretty cold but I got my little pink certificate.

A week later I picked my 125 up. The dealer would have delivered but I would have had to have waited a few more weeks. I couldn't be bothered to wait. But I did plot the most convoluted route out of the town centre that avoided anything too busy, complicated or hilly.

Despite very much being a middle aged man I didn't tell my parents as I thought my mum would worry. They had the kids all that easter week and when dropping them off she spotted the motorbike and asked if it was mine. When I said yes but I hadn't told her so she didn't worry she said "well you ride everywhere on your bicycle so I'm sure you'll be safe on that".

Anyway, I slowly got my head around the Honda and used it for the odd commute to work, for a charity ride out and the odd jolly too. Before I knew it I fancied getting my full licence. Then became another whole new chapter of the story with all the frustrations but then also happiness as I passed my mod 1 & 2 and managed to find a great bike on eBay a few days later and snapped it up.

Things I've learnt? It's pretty expensive. I'm lucky that I can generally chuck a bit of money at all this although I definitely haven't yet saved money. I could have done it cheaper in a few places but when I tried more expensive kit on I knew it felt more comfortable, and whilst I didn't get a budget bike I know it's in good nick.

And the other thing, this has been a great source of advice and encouragement :3some: Yes we are cranky buggers at each other sometimes on here and we don't all see eye to eye but I know that two people can be needling each other on one thread, yet on another one will be happily and freely giving them some advice on a problem.

Here's to the next 12 months :cheers:

This is word for word my experience too

Apart from "I'm lucky that I can generally chuck a bit of money at all this"

Oh deary me, anniversary biking prezzies.

It appears Ive missed a trick, should I dig out my CBT certificate and buy retrospectively for the years missed? Should I stick in the delivery date of my first bike and passing mod 1 and mod 2 as well and have a combined present?! Is cake needed? Instructions please I’m clearly not getting this right. :D

Guest Richzx6r

It appears Ive missed a trick, should I dig out my CBT certificate and buy retrospectively for the years missed? Should I stick in the delivery date of my first bike and passing mod 1 and mod 2 as well and have a combined present?! Is cake needed? Instructions please I’m clearly not getting this right. :D

I believe cake is needed......when is it not needed?!

Also yeah let's hear your story :tumble:

I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you :wink:

Guest Richzx6r

No need I died years ago you can't kill me twice

Guest Richzx6r

No need I died years ago you can't kill me twice

Ooh a cat.... or a zombie..... 🧟‍♂️

Defo more like a zombie

Good grief

Back dated cake for every biking anniversary would create a cake mountain of enormous proportions, it would have to be fruit cake with much infused brandy to ensure it lasted long enough to be consumed before going stale !!

Good grief

Back dated cake for every biking anniversary would create a cake mountain of enormous proportions, it would have to be fruit cake with much infused brandy to ensure it lasted long enough to be consumed before going stale !!

I'm still in with the plan