Module 1 - members test experiences

Poop! 😂 That bluming mod 1! I put my foot down during the figure of 8 🤦🏻‍♀️ I kept it together when I hit black ice leaving the school this morning but as soon as I get on that test pad it all goes to pot. Ah well third time lucky and all that 😁

Just remember, if this helps... You will never, ever have to do a figure of 8 on the road IRL, and if you ever do have to do a u turn you're most welcome to put your foot down :-) Just keep it up for 1 hour next time, okay?!

I was the same with my mod 1 failed 1st time on both licences but on the second attempts I was told to think of the test pad being electrified apart from the points at the start and end of the moving exercises and it worked for me as when I did put my foot down on the first attempt it was a jolt of disappointment because I knew that I could do it all in practice.

I failed my Mod 1 the first time for putting my foot down on the ridden U turn and then again coming out of the last figure of eight. It was fair enough because at that time I just was not confident with low speed manoeuvring. The comment from the examiner was that I just wasn't driving the bike. The 'eureka' moment for me was realising that trying to coast round a low speed turn makes the bike want to fall over and that if I kept 'driving' the bike forward with a bit of throttle and clutch control then the bike immediately stood up and turned just nicely. So my top tip is to practice driving the bike round turns with a little throttle and clutch while looking where you want to go, as opposed to coasting round looking at your front wheel which is what I was doing before. I found that if I ever felt the bike slowing down and starting to fall then just a little throttle and clutch would stand it right up again.

Get some practice in doing this before you go again and hopefully you'll have a bunch more confidence next time. Once I got comfortable with this then I passed the Mod 1 with a clean sheet. You can do it too.

• 1 month later...

Poop! 😂 That bluming mod 1! I put my foot down during the figure of 8

Also another random tip to add to the 100000s now going through your head... dont feel like you have to do a really tight 8! give yourself space :D

Did my Mod 1 this morning in Shrewsbury and passed by the skin of my teeth (examiners words🤣🤣) 6 minors and retry on the avoidance (underspeed on first). Very pleased considering it was an hours ride there from crewe in torrential rain and never stopped raining until we got back to crewe. Still a pass. Got my Mod 2 booked for a few weeks time. Better weather I hope.

Did my Mod 1 this morning in Shrewsbury and passed by the skin of my teeth (examiners words🤣🤣) 6 minors and retry on the avoidance (underspeed on first). Very pleased considering it was an hours ride there from crewe in torrential rain and never stopped raining until we got back to crewe. Still a pass. Got my Mod 2 booked for a few weeks time. Better weather I hope.

Well done.

What were the six for, by the way? One would be for the retry (been there seen there done it!)

Well done.

What were the six for, by the way? One would be for the retry (been there seen there done it!)

Just looked again and it was five.

Stalled twice 😎

Under speed for avoidance

Don't know what the other two were.

• 3 weeks later...

Third time lucky I passed. I have no idea how as I put my foot down and stalled during the slalom but apparently that was a dab and only a minor so I'm not going to argue with them on that. I've freaking passed! :shock: :D 🥳🥳🥳

Third time lucky I passed. I have no idea how as I put my foot down and stalled during the slalom but apparently that was a dab and only a minor so I'm not going to argue with them on that. I've freaking passed! :shock: :D 🥳🥳🥳

All the YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS for this

:bday:

^ Closest emoji to a celebration one

Footnote: it's a household thing that we never pass mod 1 cleanly . It's just how we roll.