Module 2 - members test experiences

I'm back!

I passed ;)

So I went into the MOD 2 feeling negative after some bad luck causing a fail with no minors. Was also a bit rusty on a 650 as hadnt ridden a lot since.

My tests are done at Lincoln which aren't known for having a high pass rate but they have invested in more motorbike examiners, meaning more tests available and more passes!

I had the same examiner as before who had been a little cold previously but a lot more welcoming today, more chatty before and after the test.

Off we went, first 15 mins felt good. Got up to a junction where a road was closed, the examiner didnt expect it, asked me to turn left instead of right though, even though i was set up to go right.... he prompted me saying ' you'll be ok to turn right from there' so at that point I thought I'd f**ked it.

Next 20 mins flew by, i was using it as practice for the next one assuming failure. Parked up, he saw me looking a bit dejected and he simply said "head inside so I can write out your certificate" ... I looked over and he's giving me the thumbs up!

Got in there, CLEAN SHEET! I asked about the road closure and he said 'that was on me not you' basically. and there you have it! :)

Mine was like that. I thought " this is not going well" so I just relaxed and rode for myself. Clean sheet like you. So ....... the CBR on Autotrader yet? What do you have your eye on now?

Mine was like that. I thought " this is not going well" so I just relaxed and rode for myself. Clean sheet like you. So ....... the CBR on Autotrader yet? What do you have your eye on now?

Cbr on sale all over, not autotrader though!

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=69433 I bought an MT 07 :)

Well only one more day to go......before I enter the ring and do battle with me MOD 2.....Friday afternoon traffic......mothers and kids leaving school's.

Could it get any worse...........it's seems ages ago I was riding a bike....9 day's just hope the biking God's are looking down on me........

Got my Mod 2 in Shrewsbury next Friday. Getting nervous thinking about it. Watching clips on YouTube of live tests does help. As I'm not from Shrewsbury is there any junctions that I need to watch out for? TIA

Stubber

I'm not from Shrewsbury but my advice would be don't worry about it and take each junction as they come. Don't start yourself worrying about certain roads/junctions as its just added pressure. Ride YOUR ride.

Well. Failed mod 2 yesterday. Had two serious marks. One for running wide while turning left out of a junction. And a second for not indicating left when coming off a roundabout to the right. Not feeling too bad as overall I think it went well. Apart from the obvious. Instructor said there not caused by bad habits just little mistakes. Not beating my self up about rebooted boot it's not for a month away.

Well. Failed mod 2 yesterday. Had two serious marks. One for running wide while turning left out of a junction. And a second for not indicating left when coming off a roundabout to the right. Not feeling too bad as overall I think it went well. Apart from the obvious. Instructor said there not caused by bad habits just little mistakes. Not beating my self up about rebooted boot it's not for a month away.

Everything happens for a reason. Probably, in the long run, failing this test saved your life or your bike in the future.

We were driving behind a motorbike yesterday whose rider had full license, but he was terrible. Had no balance, no sense of foot positioning and almost rear ended the car infront due to tailgating. Bad habits almost cost him. Im sure his luck will only last for so long riding like that.