WSBK chat 2019

rennie

@Westbeef Rea had two outings in MotoGP, in 2007 on Casey Stoners Honda finished 7 and 8th, As for Alvaro Bautista, Phillip Island is one off his best tracks, and I reckon if he's hungry for it he's going to give the brits a run for there money this year, And World Superbikes could do with a bit of spice!!! it's a long time since he won his 125 championship in 2006. :D

If you remember.

When Rea had the outings on Stoners bike. He was told "Do not crash and ensure you bring it home"

He was in a very difficult situation as he couldn't hunt for the limit.

Just seen the results, his team mate can't seem to find the pace this year, should have kept Melandri in the team. Next thing is they will make Ducati harness the power ☹️.

Anyway back to my Sunbed out here in Maderia 👍.

Just seen the results, his team mate can't seem to find the pace this year, should have kept Melandri in the team. Next thing is they will make Ducati harness the power ☹️.

Anyway back to my Sunbed out here in Maderia 👍.

The rest of the Ducatis are not performing. So there will be no harnessing of power.

Just one rider on the top of his game.

No matter how many times they change the rules and mess about with the formula over the weekend to please the fans and make for closer racing, every now and again you end up with the perfect combination of rider and machine that just blitzes everyone.

It just shows how good a racer Bautista really is. It also shows how big a gap there is between the talent in WSBK and MotoGP.

Given up on the ITV4 highlights part way through.

Ridiculously loud interviews and music.

Quiet at all other times.

Only so many times the commentators can try to convince me that it's exciting. It's my first year watching WSBK and it's seeming rather predictable so far.

Even started with the line in the show for the recap "THAT SHOOK THE CHAMPIONSHIP TO ITS CORE!!!!!!!!"

What, the first race at the first meeting of the season?

Even started with the line in the show for the recap "THAT SHOOK THE CHAMPIONSHIP TO ITS CORE!!!!!!!!"

more a "rookie" won all the races by a fair margin. Everyone expected the Rea dominance to continue.

more a "rookie" won all the races by a fair margin. Everyone expected the Rea dominance to continue.

And that there shows the total lack of context that the commentators provide. The MotoGP was the same the other day (where they alluded to events that happened before the race but didn't expand).

I've just checked out his profile on wikipedia. So where on the show is the debate about why he is dominated WSBK vs his performances in MotoGP? I get the sense that the commentators just want to spend the whole time telling me that everything I'm watching is exciting and amazing for fear I'll turn off.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, I've had a mixed relationship with Bautista. His 125 and 250 career had moments of utter brilliance and overall fantastic consistency. However I still blame him for Suzukis departure from MotoGP because he fell off a lot and didn't seem to be able to get the development going in a way that was remotely useful.

However. He's looking pretty damn unstoppable on that Ducati.

Missed the short race, forgot times were an hour ahead and turned on an hour late :roll: trying to juggle snooker, wsbk and wtcr this weekend.

Brilliant first race though, looking forward to 2nd (3rd?) Will have to catch short race once eurosport put it on demand.

Bautista is clearly on a different level - not just his riding ability, which we saw a glimpse of in a couple of factory spec Ducati gp rides last year - but in the way he's gelled with the v4 wsbk.

However, the new bike has a lot to do with his pace. Looking at how easy he can consistently lap a second faster than anyone else and preserve tyres at the same time I reckon a lot of it is down to chassis design, so changing rev limits is unlikely to make much difference.

Especially when rinaldi and laverty are both down on top speed in comparison.

And of course, Bautista being about 6 1/2 stone wringing wet makes a big difference too

Sadly it makes for a boring championship - for the 4th year in a row - and BSB is likely to go the same way.

Fortunately, the supersport races are tight, unpredictable and exciting (amongst Yamahas at least)

Will be interesting when they get the new spec engine in the BMW.

Tom Sykes raving about the chassis and it's turning in ability.

Just needs the horsepower.

I think it's a fantastic thing Batitusta coming in and battering Rea.

He hasn't had competition since Kawasaki threw all their eggs in one basket and forgot about Sykes

Will be interesting when they get the new spec engine in the BMW.

Tom Sykes raving about the chassis and it's turning in ability.

Just needs the horsepower.

I think it's a fantastic thing Batitusta coming in and battering Rea.

He hasn't had competition since Kawasaki threw all their eggs in one basket and forgot about Sykes

Yeh , bet Rea is thinking what the fook is going on here , Bautista is untouchable at the moment .

Them Ducatis look lovely to .

I don’t think they’ll touch the revs just yet as Davis has only just come up the field and Aragon is one he goes round very well.

I’m beginning to wonder if Bautista might, just might win every single race this season. Has this ever been done before? I would very much doubt it.

Maybe when Syke’s BMW gets an engine upgrade he might be one to step up and beat Bautista. I mean, to get that position on a stock engine is pretty good going.

Bautista sure is making the rest look like amateurs at the minute :lol: