New bike:-) zx6r 2016 review and pics.

Justarn

Thanks guys :thumb:

Yeah, it's quick... With ram air it's 135bhp redlines at 16000 but I keep changing at 10k due to being used to the xjr lol.

It feels as fast as my old 5jj r1 tbh but that was a while ago, she will ride in 6th at 30mph too.

I've only experienced older bikes newest being a 2009 990 superduke... That was good but this drops into the bends like it's happier on it's side.... Soo stable.

Factory akra

3 stage traction control..

Very happy owner.

Yeah colour drew me in, she is chained and garaged

I hate posts like this: "hey guys casually picked up an absolute weapon the other day". Where's the decision making process?! This is a bike forum - talk it though next time yeah? ;-)

Very nice mate.

I've been quietly doing research and longing for a zx6r for some time... If I had discussed it you lot would have had the chance to talk me out of it lol. Sorry guys:-)

Went for another familiarization ride today, alone. On a private industrial estate She comes up so easily on the power in first but I think the anti wheelie stops it at about 9pm? Not sure if anyone has experience with these new systems? Will it just sit there if I hold the power on? I can believe how balanced it feels, incredible machine to me although I have zero experience in newer machines.

Looks great in that colour, despite having a litre bike I really love riding 600s they’re really fun and just as fast in the real world :thumb: .

Yeah I've had a few early blades and r1's... They are too much for me tbh.

Looks great in that colour, despite having a litre bike I really love riding 600s they’re really fun and just as fast in the real world :thumb: .

Yeah I've had a few early blades and r1's... They are too much for me tbh.

Don't get me wrong I love litre bikes too, but yeah the modern ones are complete (but very fun) overkill on the road, I quite like the more revvy have to work the bike harder ness of 600s, the ZX6 and R6 are my favourites :D .

Guest Richzx6r
If I had discussed it you lot would have had the chance to talk me out of it lol.

pft the people who matter will ALWAYS tell you to buy a Ninja

I'd say you are right, even though I'm looking at getting a busa.

But I'll be glbuying the ninja back for use as a track bike

Did you buy this new? Or new to you? Mind me asking what you paid? I’m tossing up between a 636, gixxer or Daytona.

Got a quote for insurance and they only want 350 fully comp on all 3 which is a lot cheaper than 650 on my er6f last year so I’m going to take the plunge. Seems like you get a lot more bike for you money with a ninja compared to its rivals

New to me, 13k miles, 65 plate 2016. Fsh, from a small sidestreet dealer. £6295. It is the performance model so with the factory akra and a few other touches tho.

Believe there is three on eBay 6800-7500 but with less miles.

It's a hell of a lot of bike.

It's so nice to put it in ktrc 3 rain mode when it's raining, one less thing to worry about and the ktrc 1-2 let the front come up...

It will ride nicely in 6th at 20mph and has been a joy, I'm not the most confident in the bends but this makes me so, feels like you are at ease from the word go....

Its very very fast for a 600 and has power everywhere, obviously less than a litre bike but for the road it's the one to have imo.

I've not rode the other two but test ride all three to see which you prefer. If you can stretch to a daytona r I imagine it's better handling with the ohlines, the gsxr is usually the prettiest of any given year but expect to see several at every bike meet.

Ride all three, I'm sure none will be bad.

@BigJim160 has rode it, he can give another opinion if you like. But he will likely use uncomfortable and weapon alot lol.

Lol... I had a few miles on it yesterday. Very, very good. Has now made me think there’s something wrong with my K5 gixxer 750 as the ZX6 pulls away so easily from a rolling start. The 16k rpm limit is addictive and the akrapovic sounds great, while still being relatively quiet, even with the baffle out.

But, and there’s a big but... It is definitely more uncomfortable, it has a much smaller feel and it is very harsh on your wrists. If you only have it as a weekend toy, like Justin has, I don’t think there’ll be much better for the money. If you need it to do a job, like commuting as I do, I would imagine the GSX-R of the same year is more comfortable. Unless Suzuki jumped on the rock hard, balls out feel in their newer gixxers :thumb: