WTF happening in kitchen?

Via

Over past year I had the following die...washing machine, microwave, oven and fridge freezer...

The fridge freezer I replaced was 2nd hand from brother but not that old and very good condition, but went to cook a frozen pizza last night and ended up peeling plastic off the soggy dough :roll:

Fridge freezer totally packed up, last time was just freezer section and fridge was ok, this time both packed up. Milk is now in garden as it's colder outside.

So needing one urgently just bought one on ao which was slightly more than elsewhere but will be here tomorrow, but then cost an extra £40 on delivery, removal of old one and a charge on taking packaging away :roll:

Really beginning to think kitchen is cursed. New washing machine started to clunk lately as well but 2 months left on warranty so hopefully will be able to get that sorted before year runs out :lol:

What's a kitchen :?

It's like a female garage, got drawers with tools in, cupboards with degreasing agents in, a parts cleaner, a smaller version of powder coating oven (which I've been reliably informed must never ever be used for powder coating and they f**king mean it).

Probably just bad luck but I would atheist check the wiring on said circuit, make sure it's copping.

When we moved in our house looked OK but the things that were hidden was a nightmare, almost binned our microwave as it just wasn't heating food properly, I noticed one day that it was worse when washer was on, turned out that 170v just don't cut it when your expecting 220, 3 sockets both doubles piggybacked of a hidden original single socket running from a single cable spur all hidden behind a false wall, the earth also turned out to be a neutral, cue pulling the kitchen apart and a rewire.

Probably just bad luck but I would atheist check the wiring on said circuit, make sure it's copping.

Wiring got inspected recently, rented property and landlady is a really good one for a change so all that, gas, heating etc... Checked yearly, think answer is just bad luck.

So after spending over £500 for a new one today opted for £7 a month insurance, now I'm paying that I guarantee it will never die until I cancel it.

Wiring got inspected recently, rented property and landlady is a really good one for a change so all that, gas, heating etc... Checked yearly, think answer is just bad luck.

So after spending over £500 for a new one today opted for £7 a month insurance, now I'm paying that I guarantee it will never die until I cancel it.

Oh bugger !

hqdefault.jpg.1d994c3931ccfae48cc4535dac81910b.jpg

Edited by fastbob

now I'm paying that I guarantee it will never die until I cancel it.

:stupid: HOW DOES IT KNOW????

I bought a printer 4 years ago and being fed up with ink costing more than the printer I got an 'unlimited ink' option where I pay £3 a month and when printer runs out of ink they send new cartridges.

I used up the free ones with printer in 3-4 months and then put in the ones they sent (started billing then and if I ever cancel it disables cartridges) so around 4 years later how many cartridges have I ever received... None :shock: this is still original ones they sent...20190407_142626.thumb.jpg.0b68859b87ff62d9a60a0b1d6e2b135e.jpg

(Just my opinion) cancel it. That's £84 a year, and if it dies in the first couple of years you would have a pretty reasonable case using the consumer rights act to get it sorted. I'd say it's worth a punt.

Failing that have a look here https://www.money.co.uk/appliance-insurance.htm

(Just my opinion) cancel it. That's £84 a year, and if it dies in the first couple of years you would have a pretty reasonable case using the consumer rights act to get it sorted. I'd say it's worth a punt.

Failing that have a look here https://www.money.co.uk/appliance-insurance.htm

That looks much better deal, will have a proper look later, got 14 days cooling off cheers.

What's a kitchen :?

It's like a female garage, got drawers with tools in, cupboards with degreasing agents in, a parts cleaner, a smaller version of powder coating oven (which I've been reliably informed must never ever be used for powder coating and they f**king mean it).

Nope definitely not allowed to use it for powder coating 😂😂

Over past year I had the following die...washing machine, microwave, oven and fridge freezer...

The fridge freezer I replaced was 2nd hand from brother but not that old and very good condition, but went to cook a frozen pizza last night and ended up peeling plastic off the soggy dough :roll:

Fridge freezer totally packed up, last time was just freezer section and fridge was ok, this time both packed up. Milk is now in garden as it's colder outside.

So needing one urgently just bought one on ao which was slightly more than elsewhere but will be here tomorrow, but then cost an extra £40 on delivery, removal of old one and a charge on taking packaging away :roll:

Really beginning to think kitchen is cursed. New washing machine started to clunk lately as well but 2 months left on warranty so hopefully will be able to get that sorted before year runs out :lol:

Via, it definitely sounds like the work of Beelzebub; Get the Exorcist round before the new kit is delivered. :twisted:

Well new fridge is in, annoyingly measured height and width to make sure it fitted but momentarily forgot we live in 3 dimensional space, so although it fits it sticks out 2 inches further than old one making walkway to back door a bit narrower than before, that said tbh if I had checked beforehand I'd have probably just said f**k it that will do :lol:

Went for American style as was previously forever running out of freezer space, now that all my frozen goods have been binned/cooked it looks extremely pitiful with just an ice tray sitting in it.

Went for American style as was previously forever running out of freezer space, now that all my frozen goods have been binned/cooked it looks extremely pitiful with just an ice tray sitting in it.

Fill it full of vodka!

Fill it full of vodka!

Absolutely, then on a warm day fill a SMALL glass of coke and LOTS of ice cubes and enjoy. No one will ever know!

• 2 weeks later...

You do know that warranty is a scam .. every electrical item sold in the UK is covered by a government enforced 5 year warranty.. So if you by a fridge and they say do you want extra warranty after the 1st 12 months you don't need to by warranty its all ready got it .. the next big PPI scandal that's going to hit the UK is all these company's selling ppl warranty after 12months are going to get sued. Then to the night court to force all these company's to refund millions pounds back to the ppl .

The UK has 5 year . Then the EU only has 4 years another reason to leave the EU lol

The money you save one the 5 years will probably be brought to buy a new latest cooker .fridge .. TV so on .. check it out 5 year government warranty.. no need to by any other.. yet I have bought electrical items and I have told the shop sales person and its always the same reply NO I DONT KNOW ABAOUT THAT never heard of it... I have even showed them on my phone . And some still asked so do you want the extended warranty then ??????