GSX650 or Diversion?

Working Class Hero

I know you must get tired of these type of questions, but I know nought about bikes, as I'm still a noob!

I currently have a '99 CBR600F, which still runs very good, but I'm looking for something with a more upright seating position.

At the moment I've narrowed it down between the GSX650 and the XJ6 Divvy. I am yet to try any of them, but I will as soon as I can. My question is more about the performance, as I've seen conflicting opinions on both bikes. However, the opinion that the Diversion is a bit dull seems to be the majority one.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Or maybe a different option that I don't know of?

Cheers

Of the two you list the XJ6 as it's a lot lighter (or feels it at least), in a lower tax band, and the better bike to ride imo.

But what about the Yamaha FZ6?

I had one of these:

YamahaFZ%206%20s2%20%2007.jpg

It's upright, more powerful than both you list, and I also had an XJ6 for about 6 months. I'd say the FZ6 out performs it in about every way. I was using it for commuting and a bit of fun.

Hope that helps :thumb:

I have a GSX600f 2003 which is the model that preceeds the GSX650.

I like my bike and have been looking to upgrade to something newer, I've had ot 5 years.

Where as the GSX600 isa srots tourer that sharesa lotof part with the Bandit, the GSX650 is more a Bandit with a fairing.

One thing that puts me off the 650 is the lack of ABS, my current bike does not have ABS but if I upgrade its on my list of must haves.

I have looked at the XJ6 but it seems a bit underpowered, I am looking at FZ8 now. I have always liked Yamahas,

Thanks the elders' wisdom, I am now on the lookout for a Fazer, but they seem to be very popular, as there are not many about. Certainly not in my neck of the woods :roll:

FZ8 is FZ1 frame with worst engine mate. Get FZ1

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/yamaha/fz1-fazer/3601131/

Or try MT-09. I ride and like mostly Yamaha. MT-09 is the best Yamaha ever, the bike steering is so flickable you will not believe it:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/yamaha/mt-09/3608655/

Thanks the elders' wisdom, I am now on the lookout for a Fazer, but they seem to be very popular, as there are not many about. Certainly not in my neck of the woods :roll:

FZ8 is FZ1 frame with worst engine mate. Get FZ1

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/yamaha/fz1-fazer/3601131/

Or try MT-09. I ride and like mostly Yamaha. MT-09 is the best Yamaha ever, the bike steering is so flickable you will not believe it:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/yamaha/mt-09/3608655/

Are there options for wind protection for the MT-09?

I went to visit my brother up in Somerset last weekend and spend just over 3 hours on the bike each way and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I felt like I could still do some more miles.

So now I'm actually reconsidering changing the bike.... Might keep it a while longer and save up to get something really nice :D