Selling my bike

fastbob

:(

Part exchange out of the question with any of them?

Tried to part ex for a clapped out sportster valued at £2700 and the dealer offered me £200 off . BUT... That's all irrelevant now because I've f******g SOLD IT !!!

Hi @fastbob , congratulation, hope you got close to your asking price in the long run. :thumb:

I had to be realistic in the end . I got £2000 . When you consider that I paid £2700 for it 11 years ago I suppose that's not too bad . I think the original price in 1993 was £7500 by the way .

The future's bright , the future's orange .

Is that you're new choice of steed? If that's the custom, they're a great bike, superb engine and easy to ride. Mine used to be a shiny black one :thumb:

Is that you're new choice of steed? If that's the custom, they're a great bike, superb engine and easy to ride. Mine used to be a shiny black one :thumb:

It's definitely not the custom or C model . That's a 2004 - 2006 XL 1200 R " Roadster ". After a lot of research I've narrowed my choice down to this exact model . Any buying advice ?

It's definitely not the custom or C model . That's a 2004 - 2006 XL 1200 R " Roadster ". After a lot of research I've narrowed my choice down to this exact model . Any buying advice ?

I can't offer any useful advise except if it fits and you like it, go for it. I see there's 2 front discs? That's a bonus. I had the sporty and FXDB which only had one disc. Very scary until you got used to it. Nice looking bike though :thumb:

was it the guy who was interested in the first place that bought it :?:

It was . This guy had the M model GSXR 1100 in the past and currently rides GSX1400R so I feel sure that it's going to a good home . Also , I have found a very good Sportster on eBay that didn't sell at £4200 and I have contacted the seller who is in no hurry to re advertise so who knows .....?

It was . This guy had the M model GSXR 1100 in the past and currently rides GSX1400R so I feel sure that it's going to a good home . Also , I have found a very good Sportster on eBay that didn't sell at £4200 and I have contacted the seller who is in no hurry to re advertise so who knows .....?

You'll have to change your username though..... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll have to change your username though..... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The thought has crossed my mind but this particular model of Sportster isn't exactly slow . Anyway I since my Speed Awareness Course I have been rehabilitated as a model citizen . 😇

Edited by fastbob

This is the actual bike I'm after . It's the exact model I want . I'll have to ditch the forward controls and the exhaust wrap but the price is right.

PhotoEditor_20190410_234625301.thumb.jpg.a4193731fed3bd3bd1df3e25729c4224.jpg

Sitting here chewing my nails and trying to fend off a sinking feeling . My buyer arranged to come over at 18:30 with the deposit but there's no sign and no response to my texts . Absolute torture for someone like myself with Asperger's Syndrome who believes that things should happen just like people say they will .

Bugger :(

False alarm, one of the guys kids was assaulted and he was at the hospital. What a world we live in !