WWII bombers

MarkW

Right, I've just been to Duxford with the family and am now having an argument with my wife at the tail end of a very acceptable sauvignon blanc. Which was bigger, the Lancaster or the Halifax? The WiFi in this restaurant isn't fast enough for me to be bothered to persevere with.

Hic...

Taramaslata is usually pink and made of fish eggs

Hummus is beige and made of chickpeas.

Exactly what I said......hummus is nice.....taramasalata is the work of the devil and should only be fed to cats...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Somewhere amongst my grandad's old stuff I have a genuine service manual for Halifax bombers. Incredibly detailed drawings showing how they are put together and details how to service them along with my grandad's own hand written notes. He was considered an expert on Halifax bombers and spent much of the war moving around the middle East telling people how to keep them flying. Got some fantastic photos of Halifax bombers parked up in sandy middle Eastern air strips too.

Somewhere amongst my grandad's old stuff I have a genuine service manual for Halifax bombers. Incredibly detailed drawings showing how they are put together and details how to service them along with my grandad's own hand written notes. He was considered an expert on Halifax bombers and spent much of the war moving around the middle East telling people how to keep them flying. Got some fantastic photos of Halifax bombers parked up in sandy middle Eastern air strips too.

That's amazing! 😮

I saw one of the last flights of the Vulcan over Elvington a couple of years ago. What a machine! One of the things that surprised me was how close it got before you could hear it - pretty much right over head, at which point it was deafening.

There was something very unsettling about seeing something that big coming towards you with its bomb doors open: if you'd been on the Falkland Islands in the early 1980s you'd have had the distinct impression that nothing good was about to happen. 😮

This sounds amazing! :love:

I saw one of the last flights of the Vulcan over Elvington a couple of years ago. What a machine! One of the things that surprised me was how close it got before you could hear it - pretty much right over head, at which point it was deafening.

There was something very unsettling about seeing something that big coming towards you with its bomb doors open: if you'd been on the Falkland Islands in the early 1980s you'd have had the distinct impression that nothing good was about to happen. 😮

I'm pretty sure I saw THE last flight of the Vulcan at RAF Fairford IAT . It came so low over the road on approach that I felt like the sky had fallen in . I've got some pics somewhere on an old SD card , I'll have a look tonight. Ok found them , apologies for the quality.

IMG_20190419_114037810.thumb.jpg.91d258dc1e9f6af9b544f694b65df9e8.jpg

Edited by fastbob