A question pre CBT

Hi all, so ive been wanting my first motorbike for commuting and know i need to pass my cbt and various other tests. However, im really confused about wether i need lessons pre CBT or the CBT includes all of that. There are not really anywhere close enough that offer lessons. Of anyone can let me know that would be great

(Ive never really rode a bike before)

Ta

Yeah, what [mention]Joeman[/mention] said. The cbt is training in itself and by the end of the day if the instructor is happy that your competent enough they will sign you off or if you're like me you might need an extra day (I, as usual, let my nerves get the better of me and fluffed it up).

Oh excellent thanks for the replies everybody!

I didnt really want to start a new thread but now ive ran into a bit of confusion with summat else if anyone can help.

I know you need your CBT and provisional to ride up to 125 with L playt but are there anything else? Do you have to take any other tests or is that it? Once your cbt is passed and you have a provisional can u ride on the road or are the extra tests? Or is all that just for when u go for a liscense?

Ta

That's it, although the a CBT lasts for 2 years and then if you haven't taken your A2, A1 or DAS then you'll need to do the CBT again to continue riding legally.

Oh wow thats even better i thought i had to do theory tests and things additional to that, makes it much easier. Thanks everyone think thats all cleared up na :)

You don't need the theory before you can ride a 125 on L plates. You only need to do that before you start going for A, A1 or A2

Good luck