Can anyone help me guess my insurance price?

Papalazabuns

Heya, im new to motorbiking havent even done my CBT yet but been considering for a while. Ive been trying to figure out how much insurance id be paying roughly and as i dont own a bike yet i can't use these insurance sites

How much do you guys pay, specifically for third party insurance? Ta

It's impossible for us to guess for you as there are a hundred variables.

My first insurance on a Honda CB125F was £200 a year. But that was because I added commuting. It was about £120 without commuting

Heya, im new to motorbiking havent even done my CBT yet but been considering for a while. Ive been trying to figure out how much insurance id be paying roughly and as i dont own a bike yet i can't use these insurance sites

How much do you guys pay, specifically for third party insurance? Ta

if you are in the south of the country it will be a wedge :shock:

If been trying to get my wife's bike insured but as she don't have the CBT some them won't offer a quote then we found she don't have a provisional licence to ride a bike as she passed her car test in the 90s we thought it was all ready on there its the P section I think it was but as its all changed she got to apply now . As we was hoping in the next few weeks to do her CBT but we got to sort out the licence 1st ..

Then As I was doing the insurance the drop down list for her bike says it's an automatic (It's not ) iv looked on her log book and her bike is a SC but on the log book its ST . So I'll have to call them .Also its got an alarm and if fitted a tracker to it but it worked you add extra security to the drop down list . Add alarm Then it goes to the next question you can't add extra . Being security you think they have extra add ons .

So due to this its best if you just call them rather than spend ages going on the sites ..

Just be aware that third party isn’t always the cheapest option, often fully comp is cheaper. Insurers know that newbies look for third party only to keep costs down, but that’s precisely where their greatest liability is so they load the premiums up. By going fully comp you can often get a cheaper quote.

And then, as others have said, the variables are huge so you’d need to know the bike, your age, driving record/experience, postcode, garaged or parked on street..... and what kind of biscuit you consume most often.

And they will vary!

No good asking me , I'm 58 and I ride old bikes so I get fully comp for £360 a year for a GSXR 1100 and an ER5 .

Just be aware that third party isn’t always the cheapest option, often fully comp is cheaper. Insurers know that newbies look for third party only to keep costs down, but that’s precisely where their greatest liability is so they load the premiums up. By going fully comp you can often get a cheaper quote.

And then, as others have said, the variables are huge so you’d need to know the bike, your age, driving record/experience, postcode, garaged or parked on street..... and what kind of biscuit you consume most often.

And they will vary!

Does varying the biscuit have that much of an influence, is it cheaper to stay with just the one?

And they will vary!

Does varying the biscuit have that much of an influence, is it cheaper to stay with just the one?

Insurers use past history to determine premiums so consistency helps keep premiums low. Which is fine for me as I tend to stick to jammy Dodgers, wagon wheels and Tunnocks Caramels. But if you're a biscuit tart then you're going to pay for it.

With reference to the specific question about which you consume most often the frequency of consumption doesn't seem to be taken into account. This is strange and sad because it is obvious that bikers who consume biscuits more frequently are going to be somewhat heavier and therefore in terms of power to weight ratio a better bet for the insurer. They also present a wider visual aspect on the road which is safer. So you'd think the frequency would be taken into account but it seems not to be.

Okay you got the ref so you deserve a proper answer: just go on comparethemarket.com, say you've just passed your test, and see what it kicks out for different bikes. It will differ massively if you put a Panigale v4 or a 125. And live in London, have points, put your career as a stuntman and want business use too etc.