Aprillia garden find .

Look what I've just acquired for nothing . Well when I say acquired , I've got to do a bit of bramble pruning first . Now where did I put the secateurs ? Got to be a few quid in it one way or another . :thumb:

IMG_20190412_193325683.thumb.jpg.1510db1e0a0b10e9ce4cb35d2922d121.jpg

IMG_20190412_193303782.thumb.jpg.e2225ec2d4d27837f0bff3f1dc3df81f.jpg

What's its story??

It's been there years . A friend of the house holder left it there and moved away . I knocked on the door , he said he wanted it gone but he thought his friend , an elderly gentleman in poor health , may have passed away . Anyway I got the friend's number and he answered straight away . He definitely sounded old and doddery, or pissed , because he was in a pub . After some persuasive banter he said that if I can shift it I can have it . So , armed with some old gloves and an old jacket I'm going to go and hack it out this afternoon. It's only a hundred yards from my house so if it won't roll I've got a big trolly I can put it on . I'll probably just give it the oily tag treatment and flog it spares or repairs. I don't even know what cc it is .

Single exhaust on the left. It's a 125cc Rs125 two stroke I reckon.

Lots of fun to be had with that!

Yeah but the engine's going to be fossilized by now .

At the very least I get a free paddock stand ! That'll be on Gumtree by this evening . I just sold a dreadful mountain bike that was given to me for nothing and got £60 this morning so I'm having a profitable day so far .

Single exhaust on the left. It's a 125cc Rs125 two stroke I reckon.

Lots of fun to be had with that!

Yeah but the engine's going to be fossilized by now .

If the chassis is still good, swap the engine out for something bigger and make a great project bike.

Here we go then ,after removing an entire bramble bush I an now in possession of an Aprillia RS125 . But I can see one major obstacle looming already. Can I get prosecuted for cigarette advertising ?

IMG_20190419_182309059.thumb.jpg.9f59afb06f74c7ebe48a6d1595ed1060.jpg

IMG_20190419_182327086_HDR.thumb.jpg.813f6462a1c0889a8830132bd5e3dea7.jpg

Well I'm just sitting here staring at it . I've never had much to do with two strokes so just working out what things are and what they do is fun. My head says sell it as is complete with all the filth . But of course my heart says restore it . I've already polished the bodywork FFS !

IMG_20190419_192436990.thumb.jpg.c0021f829799e08c9933ab3dcd96122f.jpg

As far as I can tell it's all there . Here's a somewhat less flattering view. I can see some big plus's though. Forks not pitted , front disk very good (unlike the rear ) I can see a stainless expansion chamber , even the chain is good . Of course I haven't mentioned the lack of keys and V5 yet .

IMG_20190419_192756571.thumb.jpg.0fe0cda34705a588be4c9640e2209409.jpg

Edited by fastbob

As far as I can tell it's all there . Here's a somewhat less flattering view.

Bit of polish be good as new :thumb:

You're not too far wrong actually .

Guest Richzx6r

I'm now thinking about buying a new frame for jigsaw so I can use as a track bike it's too good to break up

Though @Hoggs I will be getting the parts of for you!!!

I'm now thinking about buying a new frame for jigsaw so I can use as a track bike it's too good to break up

Though @Hoggs I will be getting the parts of for you!!!

haha if you want to keep them for track bike it's fine by me :cheers:

Ok clever people, what does this little screen do ? The buttons say M,L, and S . :scratch: oh it's not a lap timer is it ?

IMG_20190419_194618318.thumb.jpg.3ff11d04d26ca1b9b354333773771460.jpg

Edited by fastbob