degreaser!!!

Stu

About to buy some Paraffin after reading this thread. Few questions:

1) What part of the bike should I never spray this stuff on?

2) How long do a let it soak for?

3) How much water should I mix it with..for example... 4 parts water, 1 part Paraffin, or do I spray it on concentrate?

Do not get it anywhere near brake components or tyres. Tyres will scrub it off eventually but it will be like riding on diesel for some distance.

If you get it on the brake pads they'll have about as much grip as Donald Trump has on reality.

It is also unwise to spray it onto anything hot!

Guest Richzx6r

I use something called perk, it cleans everything easily just isn't very nice to skin and plastics don't like it too much but for metals its good

parafin fella, the mutts nutts and cheaper than any sprays I use it all the time.

Use it first on the hard areas with a paintbrush, then use your normal cleaning routine to get rid of any residue.

Where do I get paraffin these days ? I haven't seen an Esso Blue pump at a garage for some time ! 😉 I don't think anyone does home deliveries either , it's been a while since I you could "Ring for Pink " It probably means something less innocent in these wicked times . 🙄

Where do I get paraffin these days ? I haven't seen an Esso Blue pump at a garage for some time ! 😉 I don't think anyone does home deliveries either , it's been a while since I you could "Ring for Pink " It probably means something less innocent in these wicked times . 🙄

I get mine from a garden centre. They don't like it when you buy paraffin and weedkiller at the same time though.

I get mine from a garden centre. They don't like it when you buy paraffin and weedkiller at the same time though.

Greenhouse heaters , I bet B&Q have it . Thanks.

Are you trying to make agent orange or napalm

Seems to be easy enough to get on Amazon.

I understand the concern with getting this on brakes and tires. But isnt this stuff easy to come off?

I planning on letting it soak for 15 minutes, brush it, then jet wash it off (ill be doing this at petrol garage car wash area) .

Nah, that's different ingredients.

SBK mixed up with paraffin is a very good weedkiller but it's frowned on a bit by garden people.

Only if you are buying 10kg of Sugar at the same time !!

I get paraffin from homebase. £8.90 for 4 litres and use it for cleaning the chain on the Africa twin. I then use gear oil to lube the chain. For removing greasy marks and/or oily road grime. If ordinary car shampoo doesn't shift it then a wipe over with a cloth with a bit of WD40 on it, definitely will. Cheap degreaser of the citrus kind.. Wilko. In the bicycle section. £4 for a large can.

I have a 4 litre bottle of industrial degreaser that the chip shop duct cleaning people left behind one year. Very strong stuff :shock:

not tried it out on anything bike related but I bet it'd shift it :lol:

Best stuff if ever seen for cleaning oil .grease is 20 20 . It's used in printers for cleaning the ink of the rollers . And its safe on skin . One the guys on the press showed me a pint glass filed with this stuff (looks like piss) and dropped a spoon full of oil.in to the glass and by the time it got to the bottom of the glass it had evapareated . The guy used it on his off road bikes as he used to go racing .

But DO NOT GET THIS STUFF ON A NAKED FLAME .SPARK ANY SORT OF IGNITING or BOOOM also don't GET it on grass. earth .trees roots .of it will kill it dead nothing will ever grow on that spot again .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Richzx6r

Best stuff if ever seen for cleaning oil .grease is 20 20 . It's used in printers for cleaning the ink of the rollers . And its safe on skin . One the guys on the press showed me a pint glass filed with this stuff (looks like piss) and dropped a spoon full of oil.in to the glass and by the time it got to the bottom of the glass it had evapareated . The guy used it on his off road bikes as he used to go racing .

But DO NOT GET THIS STUFF ON A NAKED FLAME .SPARK ANY SORT OF IGNITING or BOOOM also don't GET it on grass. earth .trees roots .of it will kill it dead nothing will ever grow on that spot again .

Is it a glass cleaner as just googled it and there was a glass cleaner that looked like a bottle of piss