Black Widow exhaust systems

elizabethf

Guest Richzx6r

you hardly hear of micron these days, a few years ago everyone had one probably because all the top TT riders were using them 8-)

That's because they went bust years ago . Oh look what I've got gathering dust .

Would that fit an a1p ninja??? If so I'd be interested in parting that from you

wonder why as I said everyone seemed to have one they must have made some serious money with them

I reckon it all went wrong when they ditched the red logo and adopted the purple one . I sold loads of microns back in the 90s when I worked for M&P . I've also got a Micron paddock stand , in purple .

you hardly hear of micron these days, a few years ago everyone had one probably because all the top TT riders were using them 8-)

That's because they went bust years ago . Oh look what I've got gathering dust .

Would that fit an a1p ninja??? If so I'd be interested in parting that from you

It's going to need a bit of fettling , the bracket needs riveting back on and it needs repacking . I've had it for years , I had planned to shorten it but never got around to it .

Edited by fastbob

What is it with exhaust brand names ? Black Widow, a poisonous spider, Scorpion , a poisonous insect , Cobra, a poisonous snake etc. And guess what I've got on my bike ? Yep , a Venom ! Are there any more exhausts named after poisonous nastys ?

Blueflame: poisonous nasty? Well it’s what you get when you light a fart !!

Priceless ! I've found Python exhausts but pythons are not venomous , they just strangle you and swallow you whole.

So do Akrapovics but it's your wallet they strangle and swallow whole!.

Oh for goodness sake, now I've discovered Mongoose exhausts ( for cars ) The mongoose , of course is well known for its ability to kill Cobras .

I want a bit more of a presence on busy roads (particularly while commuting)

How about some advanced training instead, it teaches you to see and avoid the hazards, rather than expecting everyone else to avoid you just because your bike is making a loud noise.

It will probably be cheaper than the exhaust, won't effect you bike's resale value, my well reduce your insurance premium.............

I want a bit more of a presence on busy roads (particularly while commuting)

How about some advanced training instead, it teaches you to see and avoid the hazards, rather than expecting everyone else to avoid you just because your bike is making a loud noise.

It will probably be cheaper than the exhaust, won't effect you bike's resale value, my well reduce your insurance premium.............

I'm looking at doing a Performance Plus yes as I quite keen to keep learning. :thumb:

But just in general, I would like to make myself even more glaringly obvious so it isn't always reliant on me practising my MOD 1 training in real life! Not had to do an avoidance yet but had a couple of brisk stops due to the spidey sense being bang on at a busy junction

I don't like the sound of Akras on the MT personally. Bit too obnoxious. Yes, very expensive. If Im spending that I'd rather go for Yoshimura.

I don't like the sound of Akras on the MT personally. Bit too obnoxious. Yes, very expensive. If Im spending that I'd rather go for Yoshimura.

I’ve not heard one on an MT-7 they are very pricey though, the full Akra system that came with my RSV4 sounded amazing though, like a moto gp bike complete with spitting flames on upshifts 8-) , not going to bother getting a different exhaust for my new bike though, too expensive!, I’d say Arrow would be a good shout for yours though :thumb: .

I've also got a Micron paddock stand , in purple .

:offtopic:

And me. I probably bought it off you. :lol:

Makes 3 of us, I’ve also got a purple Micron paddock stand!, it has become a bit useless since buying a bike with a single sided swing arm though, but I’m keeping it for the next one, and nostalgia!.

Bear in mind that you will need to declare it to your insurance company. Whether it will affect your premiums I dunno.

Also keep hold of the original, it may be helpful in any future sale of the bike. Aftermarket exhausts I find are a bit 'not everyone's cup of tea, and something that reflects the seller rather than the buyer, if you know what I mean. I spend all my spare time looking at bikes I can't afford, and to be honest a lot of aftermarket exhausts put me off